IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #41 8/25/20 7:25 PM
Great comments on this thread! Seems like everyone pretty much agrees on what happened and respects both drivers. I feel so lucky to have witnessed another Hoosier Hundred at the Indiana State Fairgrounds and appreciate the efforts of Track Enterprises, the Fair board, the Governor, USAC, the owners and drivers, fans, what seemed like hundreds of security personnel and anyone else who helped make this great event a reality. I am hopefully looking forward to next years’ installment of the prestigious Hoosier Hundred at the Indiana State Fair Grounds!
12 Likes: 2fast4u, Bill Angel, Black Deuce, duel, flagboy55, interpreter66, ISF, ksmith, msan16, oppweld, racenut69, tigerone
sw1911 (Offline)
  #42 8/26/20 9:14 AM
It looks a lot like the move Paul White put on Darland going into T1 at DQ 10 or 12 years ago, which sent DD to the wall. I don't recall DD ever saying anything about it. One of them racing deals.
3 Likes: flagboy55, luckybuc97, racenut69
stp6237 (Offline)
  #43 8/26/20 11:00 AM
I would like to know what Larson's spotter said to him, if he said inside, inside, CLEAR, then it is on the spotter. I know spotters are an important safety aspect, but with mirrors and spotters this type of racing is common with NASCAR mods and such
Kansasdirtfan (Offline)
  #44 8/26/20 3:05 PM
Originally Posted by Burksy46:
I would like an exact reference to go to cause I highly doubt cj would say something like that lol so until you provide with actual points I suggest you go back to Friday’s broadcast and watch where it’s either tanner or Justin I believe (being sarcastic obviously) where they call him a jerk. Maybe you’ll get learnt a thing or 2
Thank you for encouraging me to look deeper, Burksy, and I guess I owe CJ an apology. It was not CJ who made the “jerk” comment, but Justin Grant, referring to an incident in last year’s event. Still, from what I know of Kody, calling him a jerk seems misplaced. The interview in question is at the :38 mark of the full replay, during qualifying. And again, apologies to CJ for my incorrect accusation.

Bob Nikkel
3 Likes: ISF, luckybuc97, spicoli
B99 (Offline)
  #45 8/26/20 4:32 PM
Originally Posted by sw1911:
It looks a lot like the move Paul White put on Darland going into T1 at DQ 10 or 12 years ago, which sent DD to the wall. I don't recall DD ever saying anything about it. One of them racing deals.
As I recall, DD was also running low on fuel and the car sputtered going into turn 1. PW was second and really had no where to go.
richie (Offline)
  #46 8/26/20 5:25 PM
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan:
Thank you for encouraging me to look deeper, Burksy, and I guess I owe CJ an apology. It was not CJ who made the “jerk” comment, but Justin Grant, referring to an incident in last year’s event. Still, from what I know of Kody, calling him a jerk seems misplaced. The interview in question is at the :38 mark of the full replay, during qualifying. And again, apologies to CJ for my incorrect accusation.
Justin's comment was taken way out of context here. He was obviously joking there. It was dripping with sarcasm.
5 Likes: captrat, i love dirt track racing, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, TQ97
Adolph (Offline)
  #47 8/26/20 6:34 PM
It was obvious who was driving someone else's car and who had enough money to not care if they wrecked both cars.
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #48 8/26/20 8:34 PM
I haven’t seen Larson crash many cars, but I have seen him win a lot, just saying
11 Likes: bighd0522, Bill Angel, davidm, Eatin Dirt, Hustlin-Hoosier, ksmith, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright, racenut69, Spi-nex
Kansasdirtfan (Offline)
  #49 8/27/20 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by richie:
Justin's comment was taken way out of context here. He was obviously joking there. It was dripping with sarcasm.
Well, I wondered if that might be the case. Was hoping anyway.

Bob Nikkel
Chase Hightower (Offline)
  #50 8/28/20 7:07 AM
Yeah, The Rich Kid from Greenfield sure runs on a shoestring budget!😂 WTH?
3 Likes: badcoupe, bighd0522, Hustlin-Hoosier