IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing Near Louisville
8/31/11, 2:09 PM   #1
Racing Near Louisville
MRZERO

It looks like I am moving to Louisville soon, and I am trying to find out where I can watch some good racing. I prefer dirt, but will check out anything that sounds interesting. Thanks!

8/31/11, 2:20 PM   #2
Re: Racing Near Louisville
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRZERO View Post
It looks like I am moving to Louisville soon, and I am trying to find out where I can watch some good racing. I prefer dirt, but will check out anything that sounds interesting. Thanks!
Head west down I-64 and you find Haubstadt, Indiana one of the best dirt tracks around. Go east just a little ways and you find Lawrenceburg which is home to one of the greatest dirt track facilities anywhere. You will be able to find good racing all within a couple hours from your home. Also if you like mods/late models there are plenty of tracks in Kentucky offering that on a weekly basis.

8/31/11, 2:31 PM   #3
Seadog

Quote:
Bloomington is not too far away. Twin Cities too, both dirt. But you have to visit Salem speedway sometime. It is paved, but very high banked and exciting. One of my faves. About 35 miles north of Louisville.

8/31/11, 2:34 PM   #4
MRZERO

Thanks for the info guys. Seadog, I have been to Dayton Speedway a few times back in the day, so Salem is a must see track!

8/31/11, 2:45 PM   #5
Drew Tarr

or you can just ride with me and go play sprint cars every week, somewhere in Indiana. The bus leaves at 2:00 on Saturday, hee hee. Bluegrass speedway (dirt) is in Bardstown,KY and races Latemodels, ump modifieds, sportsman and street stocks and is aprox 30 min south of Louisville. The Sportsdrome is an asphalt track just across the bridge in Jeffersonville,Indiana, and they do several stock car classes and figure 8 stuff weekly. There is a very nice 1/8th mile drag strip here in town, Ohio Valley Dragway, that has a very good heads up outlaw program every 3rd Sat in the summer. Unfortunately Louisville is 2 plus hours away from any regular sprint car action. Haubstat,Lawrenceburg,Bloomington and Paragon are all about the same travel time from Louisville.

8/31/11, 2:51 PM   #6
Seadog

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys. Seadog, I have been to Dayton Speedway a few times back in the day, so Salem is a must see track!
You have to go at least once to Salem.

There is also Sportsdrome Speedway in Jeffersonville, IN nearby. Never been there as I am an OW fan and they don't run OW stuff there. It's paved.

Sorry Drew. Didn't notice you mentioned Sportsdrome already.
Last edited by Seadog; 8/31/11 at 4:01 PM.

8/31/11, 3:02 PM   #7
scooter99

Check out speedwaysonline.com

8/31/11, 3:59 PM   #8
MRZERO

Drew, That sounds like a plan!!!

8/31/11, 4:09 PM   #9
Avon Open Wheel fan

Been to Sportsdrome once years ago. When I was walking in the sign read no guns allowed. Then they had me shake my jacket. The night pretty much went downhill from there. If you like fights it was a good place to be.

On a positive note Salem is one of those top ten places to see before you die. Even though I am an open wheel fan I did enjoy the ARCA race that I went to. They put on a great show there no matter what they race.
Last edited by Avon Open Wheel fan; 8/31/11 at 4:13 PM. Reason: added remarks

8/31/11, 5:08 PM   #10
hoosierhillbilly

I grew up across the river in floyds knobs and I think loulvulle is a great city. Unfortunately, it is not great for racing except ponies. The only thing that was not mentioned was thunder valley in salem. They have mini sprints. Haubstadt is your best choice as mentioned
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing Near Louisville