IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - MSCS Tonight - 5/24!
5/24/14, 11:29 PM   #51
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Once Brady was able to fight his way through Shuman, Ballou and Stanbrough you knew we might be in for a real dog fight. He caught Jeff and pulled even with him a few times, but running up there on the top shelf Jeff just had too much momentum coming out of turns two and four. Bland was impressive tonight and really put on a show. Speaking of show, for the second night in a row, the feature's most entertaining driver probably was Kyle Cummins. Running the top on some laps, threading the needle between multiple cars on others, he earned a hard fought third place and sure was fun to watch.

It's been a great MSCS weekend so far. Now on to a joint that never disappoints, Tri-State Speedway. Adding Clayton and Schuerenberg back into the mix at that place, definitely will make for a great show.

Jerry

I agree with you Jerry, Kyle has definitely been the guy to watch the past two nights.

5/25/14, 12:30 AM   #52
38DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Cfan View Post
Great racing action tonight. Happy for the Burton family although not a Bland fan whatsoever. Another strong run for the 3C of Cummins despite the boss man Mark not at the track. We'll done, Kyle !!!
Sore loser!

5/25/14, 2:12 AM   #53
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway - MSCS Tonight - 5/24!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Haven't read anything else posted here, Just got home from LPS.
That was a awesome night of racing in all classes.
The track was sheer perfection. smooth on bottom with a nasty cushion but it was used to win both Mods and Sprints. Thought Ballou was going to flip from hitting it and two laps later Shuman did the same exact thing and flipped. Stanbrough Caught the Cushion wrong and dropped several positions coming back to fifth...

Special Shout out to Jon Stanbrough for not running into Levi Shield as he flipped down the back straight in front of him after running over his RF. Hope Levi is ok.

Heats were Stellar with Stanbrough coming from tenth to third and Boespflug ninth to third and one other really good points run.

JRS and Bland went head to head for the first fifteen laps or so and Jon caught the cushion wrong, dropping several spots. Brady Short running right through the middle gained several posstions through the first half of the race and the last ten laps or so was a show down between Bland and Short. Bland played a risky game with the cushion and got out of shape several times but not enough to upset the great drive he could get off of it. Short catfished the last bit to perfection, Just came up a car or two shy at the end. Kyle Cummins did a killer job slicing traffic. He was in fifth or sixth at the eight to go restart and honestly snuck into third. as eyes were glued to Bland and Short.

Mod race was side by side about the whole race. KC jr. came out on top.
Super Stock the P3 was in control but had serious trouble with lappers which put the others back on his tail several times.
Bombers were three wide many times, put on some great racing.
All classes done at 1045. home at 1:30

Was glad to see several peeps. Gail, Lloyd, Kasi, Shaw, Shortbus, Trammel, Jim, Pierce and several others.

Guy below me was checking IOW on his phone several times. I asked what everyone was B***Ching about tonight. He said "Surprisingly NOTHING"
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/25/14 at 2:31 AM.

2 members like this post: racing2bwithu2, Sprint Car Racing Fan
5/25/14, 3:36 AM   #54
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Cfan View Post
Great racing action tonight. Happy for the Burton family although not a Bland fan whatsoever. Another strong run for the 3C of Cummins despite the boss man Mark not at the track. We'll done, Kyle !!!
You couldn't have just said you were happy for the Burton family? I think the second part was unnecessary and I'm sure Kyle appreciates you taking a stab at someone with a screen name like that. Some ppl just don't know when to stop and think before typing.

Heck of a race JB and short gave you a good run for the money. Also nice job Kyle not letting the cushion bite you like it did to so many others in 3 and 4. Great night of racing best I have seen pville in awhile would be nice to see it like that every week. Hopefully everyone supports their track of preference tomorrow and I mean haubstadt and kokomo where you're sure to see a great race at either venue.
Last edited by on_the_edge; 5/25/14 at 3:37 AM.

5/25/14, 8:19 AM   #55
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Guy below me was checking IOW on his phone several times. I asked what everyone was B***Ching about tonight. He said "Surprisingly NOTHING"
My wife sits next to me on the golf cart at the races. She is usually the one reading IOW. I asked her that same question and her response was the same.

As I'm driving my golf cart through the pits i often think I hear "Hey look that's the guy who gave all the idiots a voice." Then I look for cover.

It was my 2nd race of the year. When I'm at the track, I really don't need much to make me happy. Just being there is enjoyment. Watching Jeff Bland drive to victory and Darland's finish in the B-main was the icing on the cake. I hope I can be there again next Saturday.

5/25/14, 9:07 AM   #56
LPS Insider

It certainly was good seeing you at the track last night, Bill! Just remember, you gave the sport a voice. The ones that are idiots would be idiots even without IOW!

Keep up the fight, and hope to see you next week!

6 members like this post: cowboyhar69, K9Racer, LUCKYONE, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal
5/25/14, 3:13 PM   #57
Danny Burton

Great racing last night, start to finish--except for the flips. Cool that the Burton family car prevailed over tough competition.

With all that, the highlight of my night, just before I left town, was chatting with Mr. and Mrs. Gardner.

^^That's me on the left and Bill on the right.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

3 members like this post: mowerman, Mrs G, Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - MSCS Tonight - 5/24!