Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Jim Nabors
12/1/17, 2:32 AM   #11
Re: RIP Jim Nabors
revjimk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66fCirMPlRw

12/1/17, 3:50 AM   #12
revjimk

Look , Jim Nabors even sings with Meathead from "All in the Family"! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ4-...&feature=share

12/1/17, 8:46 AM   #13
Rapid Rick

It was always amazing to see Jim bring us all together on Race Day. Didn't really matter where you came from, we were all Hoosiers when he sang. I never met Jim personally, but it seems like we have lost a very dear friend.

12/1/17, 9:33 AM   #14
illinisprintfan

I remember being a kid and seeing Gomer Pyle standing there with a mic and then when he started singing, that voice came booming out. It blew me away then and still does.

12/1/17, 1:05 PM   #15
racer-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
Always had a tear come from my eyes during his singing of " back home again in Indiana ". Thanks for all the great memories jim nabors. Thanks.
Since I am 56 years old I am sure I am closer to dying then I am being born. I am trying to make my big day in the dirt easier on my sisters by at least finally getting my will finished.. I really want to pick a song to play at my funeral and after playing different years of Jim singing the song I'm thinking this might be my pick!!

I bet to a person that never watched or was at the 500 the song wouldn't be as emotional as it does to most of us!!

3 members like this post: davidm, i love dirt track racing, PIT CART
12/2/17, 9:28 PM   #16
flagboy55

Well said by all you on this thread. As a child all I dreamed of was being a race car driver especially at the Indianapolis 500. So much of the spectacle get me a little verklempt, not the least of which was Jim singing that song. Rest in peace Mr Nabors. Also thankful they got it right with Chicago Blackhawks anthem singer Jim Cornielson. Living in the shadow of Chicago and being a huge hockey fan I've seen him work plenty, and a fine choice. I hope he continues. If for some reason he doesn't, the former Hawk anthem singer Wayne Mesmer would do equally well

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Jim Nabors