IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 Track Worker Dies
5/25/08, 10:22 PM   #21
Re: Little 500 Track Worker Dies
T&A Racing

Very sad to hear. My thoughts and prayers to family and friends.

5/26/08, 2:32 AM   #22
Midget82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
As for a very select few fan that decided to go down to look and come back and yell across an entire section what they saw, GROW UP. I really don't car what the emts had to do, i am just thankful they did everything they could. I must admit, If I could have got to you quicker u would have left the grand stands! It was uncalled for. Sorry for my rant, but some fan have no respect. Thank you safty crew for doing your best.

Something related to this that nearly made me sick was a "fan" and his very young son (I'd say 7-10 years old)... With the walkway being right in front of our seats in turn 1, the "fan:censor:" decided to stop and point out the accident to his son.

He thought I was an ass**** for telling him to move on and stop telling his son to "look, look".

What is wrong with some people? :confused:

My prayers go out to the friends, family, Anderson staff, and everyone else envolved.

5/26/08, 3:09 PM   #23
KohKoh

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends and co-workers of Mr. Hiatt's.
George & Tammy Gamester and the Entire Gamester Family

5/26/08, 8:21 PM   #24
Dwight Clock

May God be with the family of Mr. Hiatt and may He also be with his soul. RIP:crying: And may the driver involved find comfort in the fact that it was an accident.

5/26/08, 9:03 PM   #25
Pushtruck

A very sad and unfortunate incident for all involved. Our thoughts are with the family, friends, track crew and driver involved.

Joe Chambers and the entire Official Push Truck group.

5/28/08, 9:17 PM   #26
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I wanted to pass along some information to everyone. In the Anderson Herald-Bulletin today was the obituary for Roy Hiatt who was killed Saturday night during the Little 500. The last line said "in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the funeral home to help with funeral expenses". With the generosity of race fans, I thought maybe some folks might want to contribute. I am sure that any amount will help. Here is the address.

Brown-Butz-Diedring Funeral Home
515 East 53rd Street
Anderson, IN 46013
765-644-6658

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/28/08, 9:25 PM   #27
badgerfan

Thank you very much for that post Mud Packer. Very thoughtful.

6/1/08, 2:53 PM   #28
chuck2810

Roy will be missed. His legacy will go on, every time a safety worker sees his final resting spot there in turn four, they will think about him, and be reminded that this is a dangerous sport. I pray for safety and comfort for Roy's family all for all the Anderson Speedway family.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 Track Worker Dies