IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > not sprintcars but racing related
11/11/07, 10:10 AM   #1
not sprintcars but racing related
alrho23

Just wanted to let everybody in the Evansville IN area know that somone has opened a competitive slot car track in Washington Square Mall. I've been twice and have now bought a car, and have had alot of fun. He has 3 tracks a small oval, a figure 8, and a larger road course type track that is in the process of refurbishing. All ages race on Thursday night 7:00 and a 14 and under race on Sat. at 1. He does sell sprintcar kits, and when questioned about it, said if there was enough interest that he would start races on the oval.

11/11/07, 10:40 AM   #2
Re: not sprintcars but racing related
Rex W.

I had a buddy from Henderson Ky tell me about the place yesterday. He said they were gonna put up a drag strip. If they do that i'd make the trip down there.

11/11/07, 1:40 PM   #3
chadsniffsmethanol

im not very familiar with these slot cars, but im gonna have to check this out...are they very expensive?

11/11/07, 7:16 PM   #4
alrho23

like any racing you can spend what you want but I bought a starter kit with a ready to race car, controller, box, and some accessories for 70 bucks

11/12/07, 1:11 AM   #5
chadsniffsmethanol

i went by there today and talked to the owner for awhile, its really fun stuff. he let me run on the oval 8 track for a bit, had me hooked after that. im goin back tom. to get one of the starter kits, unfortunately i gotta work this Thursday night at my second job, maybe i can give up the shift. hope to meet you out there soon.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > not sprintcars but racing related