IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou
10/19/23, 8:11 AM   #21
Re: Ballou
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister17 View Post
Let me just settle this thread once and for all since nobody on here likes facts. Ballou hasn’t won a Usac race this year. I’m not sure if his +/- this year is garnering him a passing master. The obvious conclusion is everyone else is cheating.
Some settlement. This surely pleases all the Ballou fans.

Now you know why we have lawyers.

10/19/23, 11:33 AM   #22
deadhorse30

I don't know why everyone is bagging on Ballou. Didn't Grant get DQ'd last year for tires? Grant is killing them right now and he's skeptical, I get it.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, dsc1600, mtek56, NoDramazone2020, Therealether
10/19/23, 11:39 AM   #23
Coach

It’s absolutely amazing to me that someone that doesn’t trust a racing sanctioning body would travel halfway across the country to watch that sanctioning body conduct races, must have more money than he knows what to do with. Just doesn’t make any sense

10/19/23, 11:48 AM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

While I admit I think there's tons of money flying around (Motor Builders, Tire Brands, Shock makers) To keep their product legal or exclusive.

I got no reason to believe or think that one competitor is treated better than another.. I've seen em tech top three dozens of times and they certainly do it on larger payout races.

That being said. It still goes to Grant having a lot more to lose than gain by cheating Points lead, champ payout, not to mention the 20k win etc. Grants won in everything he's raced at Burg and Kokomo. At least at them two tracks. The driver has a ton to do with it. Tmez as well at burg.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/19/23 at 11:50 AM.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, oppweld, Vookie
10/19/23, 2:41 PM   #25
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
It’s absolutely amazing to me that someone that doesn’t trust a racing sanctioning body would travel halfway across the country to watch that sanctioning body conduct races, must have more money than he knows what to do with. Just doesn’t make any sense
Thank you for your input sir. This point has been discussed before and maybe you didn’t know what was said. I don’t go to any of the races for Usac. I’ve stated before that the product on the track is what I go for. The race teams and fans from other areas that I have met along the way. Unfortunately for me Usac is my only viable option for Non Wing sprint cars. I supported Extreme last year as well in hopes that there would be more Non Wing sprint car racing across the country. It didn’t work out.
Your are now the second person to have evaluated me regarding my psyche and now my wealth. Who would have thought based on your statement and Dr Funk’s analysis that you guys would be so so worried about an individual from Pa whom you have never met and really don’t know. Robert Ballou made a statement after the race. Some agree with him and most others don’t. I appreciate all of this unwanted concern for me but I’m gonna be ok.
It’s sad but with all of the time and energy you two spent analyzing me you could have possibly brokered a deal between the OConners and a streaming service to offer a PPV option to see Dave Darlands final race. Something I’ll bet many fans across the country would have paid for if they weren’t able to attend. I would have jumped to the front of the line to congratulate you both. Sadly instead you chose the route to come after me. I wish I knew all the type people who could do it but I don’t. Congrats to Dave on a great career. If had all of the wealth I’m accused of maybe I could afford to go out and come home before leaving for Okla. I’m not so I can’t. 🤷*♂️
Please for your sake and mine worry about your plate and let me worry about my plate. Thanks again for the concern.

2 members like this post: jdull99, Midget98
10/19/23, 2:47 PM   #26
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Thank you for your input sir. This point has been discussed before and maybe you didn’t know what was said. I don’t go to any of the races for Usac. I’ve stated before that the product on the track is what I go for. The race teams and fans from other areas that I have met along the way. Unfortunately for me Usac is my only viable option for Non Wing sprint cars. I supported Extreme last year as well in hopes that there would be more Non Wing sprint car racing across the country. It didn’t work out.
Your are now the second person to have evaluated me regarding my psyche and now my wealth. Who would have thought based on your statement and Dr Funk’s analysis that you guys would be so so worried about an individual from Pa whom you have never met and really don’t know. Robert Ballou made a statement after the race. Some agree with him and most others don’t. I appreciate all of this unwanted concern for me but I’m gonna be ok.
It’s sad but with all of the time and energy you two spent analyzing me you could have possibly brokered a deal between the OConners and a streaming service to offer a PPV option to see Dave Darlands final race. Something I’ll bet many fans across the country would have paid for if they weren’t able to attend. I would have jumped to the front of the line to congratulate you both. Sadly instead you chose the route to come after me. I wish I knew all the type people who could do it but I don’t. Congrats to Dave on a great career. If had all of the wealth I’m accused of maybe I could afford to go out and come home before leaving for Okla. I’m not so I can’t. 🤷*♂️
Please for your sake and mine worry about your plate and let me worry about my plate. Thanks again for the concern.
No problem on the input, I’m not coming after you, it just doesn’t make any sense to me. Hope you have fun

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, oppweld
10/20/23, 12:44 AM   #27
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
It’s sad but with all of the time and energy you two spent analyzing me you could have possibly brokered a deal between the OConners and a streaming service to offer a PPV option to see Dave Darlands final race. Something I’ll bet many fans across the country would have paid for if they weren’t able to attend. I would have jumped to the front of the line to congratulate you both. Sadly instead you chose the route to come after me. I wish I knew all the type people who could do it but I don’t. Congrats to Dave on a great career. If had all of the wealth I’m accused of maybe I could afford to go out and come home before leaving for Okla. I’m not so I can’t. ��*♂️
I'm not picking sides...but this reply literally made me LOL (as in, it was great! Again, I'm not picking sides though). The biggest thing all series should be checking for is tire "prep" and traction control though (I'm not saying anyone has it, I'm just saying they all should check for it).
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 10/20/23 at 3:27 AM.

10/20/23, 6:25 AM   #28
flagboy55

Ding ding ding, Jason hit the nail squarely on the head. Every sanction body should be aggressively and transparently checking these things, especially traction control, something that goes against the soul of dirt track racing. I personally don’t think this is happening and I’ll tell you why I think that. I’ve never been to PRI, but I’m told you can go there and see plenty of companies selling this product. If there wasn’t money in it there wouldn’t be booth’s at the big industry show. If I’m wrong, please correct me
Last edited by flagboy55; 10/20/23 at 10:30 AM.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69
10/20/23, 8:28 AM   #29
Joekocjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
I'm not picking sides...but this reply literally made me LOL (as in, it was great! Again, I'm not picking sides though). The biggest thing all series should be checking for is tire "prep" and traction control though (I'm not saying anyone has it, I'm just saying they all should check for it).
Joe from RMS. USAC took our ignition box, pumped our engine, and took tire samples (which were bought at the track each day) all three nights at the BC. At minimum after every race they take tire samples and check the ignition boxes for at least the winner.

10/20/23, 10:09 AM   #30
leftrear

No amount of reasoning will satisfy a conspiracy theorist. They are always smarter than everyone else!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou