IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big ($$$$) USAC Race At The Big E
2/6/12, 12:55 AM   #11
Re: Big ($$$$) USAC Race At The Big E
duel

This is a good show but why not pay $50,000 to win as a minium, If it's the 50th USAC year at the Eldora.

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
2/6/12, 1:35 AM   #12
treecitytornado

I was thinking the same thing! There hasn't been a big paying non-wing show at Eldora since the last year of the Mopar Thunder in 2005.

I figured with all of Tony's sponsor connections it would be easier for him to put on a big paying Winged or Non-Wing show than it was for Earl. The Knoxville Nationals is now over a million dollar purse and Earl did it in 2003. He did a million to Win for Late Models a couple years prior to that! I wish Tony could keep the tradition of the biggest paying shows in the country for Sprint Cars like Earl did.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
2/6/12, 7:47 AM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Id go with the standard 500 to start for 15-22 and Up the anti 2-10 with 15th being the last 1000

50 laps, I see ten cars just starting and parking.

Still, Id just like to have a complete show and one that I can see.

2 of the last three I've attended didn't have a feature
. Wasn't going back but willing to give the new guy a chance.

2/6/12, 11:34 AM   #14
MRZERO

It does say a minimum of 10 grand!!

2/6/12, 2:51 PM   #15
racefan20

I just dont get it, why does everyone think they know better than the promoter? Now i'm sure if some of you want to get together and raise some money to add to the purse that Tony would gladly accept.....

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, JordanBlanton, Seadog
2/6/12, 7:17 PM   #16
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Id go with the standard 500 to start for 15-22 and Up the anti 2-10 with 15th being the last 1000

50 laps, I see ten cars just starting and parking.

Still, Id just like to have a complete show and one that I can see.

2 of the last three I've attended didn't have a feature
. Wasn't going back but willing to give the new guy a chance.
Another reason that I am glad you are not putting on the show, like mitch you want the big money guys to take all the money and leave nothing for the little guy. Sorry flipping out is just around the corner and Chuck you got me one step closer.

Why can't we just be glad Tony is offering a place to race?

Jerry Spencer

5 members like this post: EBookerFan, JordanBlanton, miwingless, speed bump
2/7/12, 9:25 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
Another reason that I am glad you are not putting on the show, like Mitch you want the big money guys to take all the money and leave nothing for the little guy. Sorry flipping out is just around the corner and Chuck you got me one step closer.

Why can't we just be glad Tony is offering a place to race?

Jerry Spencer
I just made some suggestions and apparently because they don't fit your criteria or Hoovers, You just aren't allowed to disscus anything anymore.

Mitch WHO?

My thinking was incentive, Not to hurt the little guy. SO EXCUSE ME! But I seen nothing wrong with one more spot paying a couple hundred more than say 50. and flipping out of a 500 dollar to start race is still 275 more than the local show.

BTW Jerry, Your car wasn't entered in either of those races people spent good money to go race or see and didn't happen. So Im allowed to have a opinion on that, YOU ARE NOT And please note the smiley face on that last response, you can race when and where you want too.

2/7/12, 10:10 PM   #18
duel

I just hope there is a big turn out of fans for this race and it can become a yearly summer event with USAC. Good to finally see a summer race for USAC at ELdora scheduled.

2/8/12, 6:22 PM   #19
i love dirt track racing

wow!!!!! this is great news for all the great dirt track racing fans. i would love to see one day that the burg would step up to the plate and say we would love to say thanks for all the great drivers and fans that have made the burg. all the great drivers that race at eldora have been to the burg and with the great things that the burg have to offer they need to keep that going on with a great racing event every year pack the 7000 seats all weekend long for a 2 our 3 date show with non wing and wing show. i was hoping that when the burg up dated the track that it would be the next eldora and with the things that have gone bad at eldora the burg would have say this is what would eldora used to be. good luck to all the great tracks in the 2012 season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/8/12, 6:53 PM   #20
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
wow!!!!! this is great news for all the great dirt track racing fans. i would love to see one day that the burg would step up to the plate and say we would love to say thanks for all the great drivers and fans that have made the burg. all the great drivers that race at eldora have been to the burg and with the great things that the burg have to offer they need to keep that going on with a great racing event every year pack the 7000 seats all weekend long for a 2 our 3 date show with non wing and wing show. i was hoping that when the burg up dated the track that it would be the next eldora and with the things that have gone bad at eldora the burg would have say this is what would eldora used to be. good luck to all the great tracks in the 2012 season!!!!!!!!!!!!!
huh?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: scottfor410
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big ($$$$) USAC Race At The Big E