IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > fairbury
6/2/17, 2:34 AM   #11
chathamracefan

The Clouser slider looked like some of the moves I've seen on Iracing dirt. It worked about as well too. Great night of racing at FALS. That place always delivers. Late models to sprint cars. Just a great track.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, oppweld, spicoli, Uncle Terry
6/2/17, 9:09 AM   #12
Re: fairbury
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
Mario Clouser wasn't even close on his slider attempt and took himself and leader, Kevin Thomas Jr., into the wall in turn four on the last lap and Corey Weyant drove past both to win. Midget feature was a mess on last lap also with Tanner Thorson throwing a slider on Rico between turns three and four on last lap and knocking Rico out of the way to snatch the win....
That's not cool!

6/2/17, 9:50 AM   #13
mscs20

Actually they paid me for 8th and KT for 9th.

6/2/17, 10:42 AM   #14
Kellen Conover

[QUOTE=WinglessLovers;474617]

"Midget feature was a mess on last lap also with Tanner Thorson throwing a slider on Rico between turns three and four on last lap and knocking Rico out of the way to snatch the win. Michael Pickens and Spencer Bayston passed Abreu who was looking like a pin ball. Wasn't impressed by Thorson's move but then again Rico has hit his share of people going for the lead so I guess what goes around comes around!!"

This is a little misleading, as from the video inside the track Tanner never comes close to touching Rico. Most likely just hard to see due to the angle of the stands to the track.

Kellen Conover

6/2/17, 11:01 AM   #15
kundog

Not True, They never touched, you just can't put stuff like that out there if you can see!!!

2 members like this post: Kellen Conover, Pat O'Connor Fan
6/2/17, 12:06 PM   #16
ISF

I will happily stand corrected if I'm wrong but the trajectory that Thorson was on was going to lead to significant contact with Rico and Rico had to drastically alter his line and momentum to avoid a crash. The move looked highly questionable from where we were setting but I reckon only Rico and/or Thorson know for sure.

The incident in the sprint A-main is a whole other deal. It appeared that KTJ got fed a dirty wheel by Clouser, but again, only the two of them know for sure. Corey Weyant showed some class and summed it up in the winners interview by saying he doesn't like to win in that manner. One thing is for sure that move, right or wrong, didn't make Mario any fans last night. I dare say least of all KTJ.
Last edited by ISF; 6/2/17 at 12:34 PM.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, Rpracing1
6/2/17, 12:21 PM   #17
addictedtodirt

Nothing about FALS was disappointing. The racing, facilities, and people were all top notch!

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, oppweld, Simon_says17, wildman92
6/2/17, 12:49 PM   #18
jim goerge

Hey Jen They have any ice cream? lol

6/2/17, 12:55 PM   #19
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Hey Jen They have any ice cream? lol
They did but since I'd already had some earlier in the day, I did not over indulge. 😞

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
6/2/17, 4:18 PM   #20
bullring

Best track in Illinoios

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > fairbury