IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - June 20 - Track Update
6/21/15, 12:44 AM   #31
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway - June 20 - Track Update
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Longest daylight day of the year.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
6/21/15, 12:49 AM   #32
bmemmer

Great job to Joe and crew!! Great car counts, good racing, and done early. Got back home at Evansville at 11 Sharpe! with that effort I might be able to talk the wife in going more often!

4 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART, Pushtruck, wildman92
6/21/15, 5:02 AM   #33
Redwood17257

After a historic week of rain, I want to thank Joe Spiker and everyone that works evenings and hours after their day job in order to prepare a race track for racing and fans.
It would have been easy to call tonight's show early in the day with the week's heavy rain. However, they put together a show in front of a large crowd with over 130 cars that was done pretty close to 11 p.m.
Thanks guys and hopefully you get some rest on Sunday with two busy weekends coming up!

Carey Fox
Last edited by Redwood17257; 6/21/15 at 4:32 PM.

6/21/15, 7:18 AM   #34
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

5 classes of cars and done with all features before 11. the track was in great shape, and the crowd was pretty big. I was surprised on the amount of people still left at the end of the night. i bet atleast 75% of the crowd stayed until the last checked flew. I know the bomber guys appreciated it. Great racing in all classes. was nice to see the MMSA sprints, however i think the track is just a tad big for them. Another Great show at a Great track

2 members like this post: Pushtruck, racing2bwithu2
6/22/15, 8:29 AM   #35
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSneader2 View Post
5 classes of cars and done with all features before 11. the track was in great shape, and the crowd was pretty big. I was surprised on the amount of people still left at the end of the night. i bet atleast 75% of the crowd stayed until the last checked flew. I know the bomber guys appreciated it. Great racing in all classes. was nice to see the MMSA sprints, however i think the track is just a tad big for them. Another Great show at a Great track
I gotta say for my first time on the track at LPS, it didn't feel that much bigger, if at all, than Montpelier. In fact it seemed tighter around the bottom. Sure was a blast to get to run there even though my feature ended prematurely. I hope we get the chance to do it again.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - June 20 - Track Update