IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT Good Luck to Bill Gardner and Brian Hayden
7/24/11, 10:33 AM   #21
Re: OT Good Luck to Bill Gardner and Brian Ha
sprntr

Results - http://www.speednetdirect.com/mobile...s.php?tid=6114

3 members like this post: big3131, FishBurger, Mud Packer
7/24/11, 8:26 PM   #22
big3131

when do you guys run again?????????

7/24/11, 9:29 PM   #23
mayor31

They are running tonight. \Last night the thought they had engine problems but turned out to be electical when the worked on the car they found the problem. They are starting 6th in the feature tonight that was my last text from Bill

7/24/11, 9:53 PM   #24
Dblchkrs

Where are they running tonight? Starting 6th
Bloomington Speedway
Kokomo Speedway

7/24/11, 10:24 PM   #25
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Dodge county speedway. Kasson Minnesota. Its official. We miss our softer Hoosier tires!!!!!! Brian pulled off. Still chasing setup a bit. We ran tonight more as a test than anything. We run our first qualifying race on thursday. I do want mention that deer creek speedway is one the best run facilities I've ever seen. Some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Russ
7/24/11, 11:12 PM   #26
kasey2020

Go get em fellas! Represnet the Hoosier state and IOW!!!

7/26/11, 9:46 AM   #27
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I'm just chillin in the pits at Deer Creek Speedway in Spring Valley, Minnesota. I couldn't help but think how great a job the promoters are doing here. There are many things I could point out but I will stick with just one.

Saturday night was regular show and one thing that really caught my attention was a school bus driving through the pits. It never got in the way and it didn't go to fast. The bus had all the windows down and there was little heads looking out each window. The track was driving children through the pits so they could see there favorite cars and drivers. The kids even got to ride around the race track. I thought it was a Great idea. You should've seen the pits after the race. Several Parents with children saying. "Can I have your autograph". It was a wonderful sight to see!!!! Its obvious the promoters (Queensland family) know how to create a sucessful product and keep it going for years.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what else the promoters do when the BIG show starts.

Now off to bark some more orders. Haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: Danny Burton, davidm, FishBurger, jim goerge, Mud Packer, SHORTBUS
7/26/11, 11:02 AM   #28
jim goerge

Good luck you guys and kick some butt!!!!!

7/26/11, 11:15 AM   #29
Texan

USRA rules have an 8000 rev chip. Otherwise they are pretty much a USMTS car.

As Bill said, UMP cars have soft Hoosier tires. Most USRA tracks run the American Racer KK704 tire. It needs to be ground or sanded after every race to keep the grip in it. If you are use to the soft Hoosier, it is a big change to the KK704. The harder tire is suppose to help keep $$ down by not being able to hook up a high dollar high horsepower engine. The suspension sophistication on these cars now though still allow a lot of that power to be put down. Definitely need to have the setup right though to get there.

7/26/11, 12:35 PM   #30
batch56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
I'm just chillin in the pits at Deer Creek Speedway in Spring Valley, Minnesota. I couldn't help but think how great a job the promoters are doing here. There are many things I could point out but I will stick with just one.

Saturday night was regular show and one thing that really caught my attention was a school bus driving through the pits. It never got in the way and it didn't go to fast. The bus had all the windows down and there was little heads looking out each window. The track was driving children through the pits so they could see there favorite cars and drivers. The kids even got to ride around the race track. I thought it was a Great idea. You should've seen the pits after the race. Several Parents with children saying. "Can I have your autograph". It was a wonderful sight to see!!!! Its obvious the promoters (Queensland family) know how to create a sucessful product and keep it going for years.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what else the promoters do when the BIG show starts.

Now off to bark some more orders. Haha.
Posted via Mobile Device
I went to a Summernationals race earlier this year at Kankakee Speedway in Illinois and they had a school bus painted up bright purple with lettering that said Kids Club down the side. The promoters did the same thing, twice during the night in between races the kids got to ride around the track for two laps waving and yelling at the crowd.

It looked like they were having a blast!

The promoters had even sold some advertising space on the bus.

What a great way to get young kids to the race track!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT Good Luck to Bill Gardner and Brian Hayden