IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Drug testing at local tracks
10/13/14, 6:09 PM   #1
Drug testing at local tracks
winged and non-winged

With the Tony Stewart / Kevin Ward Jr. Incident involving the use of illegal drugs by one of the involved participants, is there anyone else out there that would like to see drug testing at local tracks? JMO , but I don't feel that there is a place for any type of mind altering chemicals to be used in this type of sport. There is too much money at stake with the rising cost of equipment.... And also the lives that could be in danger including racers, officials,pit crew, etc.... There are many easy to use tests out there today that give immediate results, including some at Walgreens for $29. In the past there has been talk of drug testing, but there was always the cost factor to do the test. This would appear to be a fairly inexpensive way to start, All for the price of a pit pass. I think a simple formula could be used. Take all of the numbers that were drawn by the drivers at pill draw, and re-draw one of those numbers at the drivers meeting. That way it would be totally random. Some people may not like this, but I would like to see it .

Patrick Budde

4 members like this post: Chase32, DAD, leary30, mscs20
10/13/14, 6:28 PM   #2
Re: Drug testing at local tracks
DAD

Winged

Sounds great, but I believe that some people are luckier than others, Maybe 4 or 5 per night? Then we have the problem that some of that stuff hangs around for a long time some stuff disappears almost instantly.

Then you have to deal with the bleeding heart "Laws and Lawyers".

I despise "Drugs". One big reason I got back into racing was to give my youngest son a reason not to get involved with the Damned stuff.

Maybe the Insurance company's could help the promoters in starting a program in the form of discounts, Legal Documents and Discounts on testing supplies.?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/13/14 at 6:46 PM.

1 member likes this post: bn kleen
10/13/14, 6:46 PM   #3
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Agee , a minimum of 3 in each class per night.

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/13/14, 6:48 PM   #4
DAD

Dirt

And for a very few>>>Blow in the little tube please.

Honest Dad himself

2 members like this post: racephoto1, sc17x
10/13/14, 7:11 PM   #5
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Dirt

And for a very few>>>Blow in the little tube please.

Honest Dad himself
I would recommend either an IQ test, or a pee test, take your pick, dealers choice! Bob!

3 members like this post: alexfd16, DAD, Spindler31
10/13/14, 7:17 PM   #6
DAD

Bob

As long as the test is multiple guess.

I can remember the story about the guy that was taking the pee test and they informed him he was "pregnant". He went home and kicked his wife out of the house.

Honest Dad himself

10/13/14, 7:55 PM   #7
badcoupe

Or at least a clause and if someone is suspicious hit em with it

10/13/14, 8:14 PM   #8
Can26

It would be just one more added expense that I don't need. I get randomed at work, so I truly mean that I don't need this...

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish
10/13/14, 8:22 PM   #9
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Bring a note from the teacher.

10/13/14, 11:45 PM   #10
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged and non-winged View Post
With the Tony Stewart / Kevin Ward Jr. Incident involving the use of illegal drugs by one of the involved participants, is there anyone else out there that would like to see drug testing at local tracks? JMO , but I don't feel that there is a place for any type of mind altering chemicals to be used in this type of sport. There is too much money at stake with the rising cost of equipment.... And also the lives that could be in danger including racers, officials,pit crew, etc.... There are many easy to use tests out there today that give immediate results, including some at Walgreens for $29. In the past there has been talk of drug testing, but there was always the cost factor to do the test. This would appear to be a fairly inexpensive way to start, All for the price of a pit pass. I think a simple formula could be used. Take all of the numbers that were drawn by the drivers at pill draw, and re-draw one of those numbers at the drivers meeting. That way it would be totally random. Some people may not like this, but I would like to see it .

Patrick Budde
Seems to me an idea which is totally out of proportion to the perceived problem. One of my pet peeves is that in our modern culture we often take individual anecdotal events and use them to make often bad policy decisions which lead to negative consequences not anticipated. NASCAR and others can do this because they are a closed shop with lots of resources. Local tracks and yes even some of premier short track sanctioning bodies would find this a tremendous burden. Empirical evidence does not support this idea, nor does a careful reading of the evidence of the Ward/Stewart tragedy.

8 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Can26, Claybird33, dshort36, fish, JordanBlanton, PAW, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Drug testing at local tracks