IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stealth87 (Offline)
  #1 7/14/14 8:34 AM
Hey everyone. Thanks for being so helpful with me planning my first trip to ISW. I just have a few last questions before I am completely ready. Any info you can give me on these questions will be of great help.

1. Planning on camping out at Terre Haute. Does anyone know if there are any fees at all? I plan on calling the fair board as well to see if there is anyone there that can answer that question.

2. How fast do the campgrounds at Putnamville fill up? For example, if I show up there between noon and 3pm, will there still be some room to set up a tent?

3. Coolers - Out of THAT, LPS and Bloomington, which allow coolers? I think I saw Terre Haute and LPS do? But I couldn't remember

4. Seating - Is it best to get into THAT and Putnamville as soon as gates open to get the best possible seats? Also along these lines, what are the best places to sit at THAT? With the long straights, I didn't know if there was a better place to sit than others?

5. Eating - Are there any good places in Terre Haute or around Putnamville to swing in and have a quick bite to eat? Any places that sponsor race cars? I would prefer supporting those places if there are.

Other than that, I think I am just about set. Can't wait to hit the road in a little bit over 48 hours! Looking forward to meeting all of you! Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me!!!
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 7/14/14 9:39 AM
1. Might consider camping both nights at Putnamville.
3. All three accept coolers. No Beer though at Putnamvlle, don't know about beer at Bloomington, ain't ever seen one checked at THAT.

4. THAT will have good seating available even into the event. PVill you'll want to come early for top main grandstand although there will be good seats around and the bleachers in four are pretty good as well.

I've always sat in the bleachers out of turn four with no problems at THAT as long as your a couple sections down from the covered grandstand so the roof dont block turn one.

5. Terre Haute is basically on a row of strip malls and restaurants and auto dealers Lots to choose from for that. I believe there are a few fast foods at the Greencastle Exit for Putnamville.

Little Gem of a restaurant I found for Breakfast/Lunch is at the Brazil Exit south of the highway a quarter mile, Behind the truckstop across from the Knights Inn called FAMILY DINER. Had great breakfast and the last time I stopped I had a Gyro and Cream of Broccoli Soup that were Delish and reasonable.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: speed bump, Stealth87
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #3 7/14/14 10:27 AM
For years, I have eaten at a little family restaurant which is now called the New Day Cafe. It used to be the Coffee Cup. Just north of the interstate, past the first stop light on Route 41. Perhaps 5 minutes from the track. Next to IHOP and much better. Good food (including the pie-yum), good service, good prices.

Frank Daigh
PAW (Offline)
  #4 7/14/14 10:44 AM
Always stop at the New Day Cafe for there breakfast . Try one of the skillet deals.

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
Stealth87 (Offline)
  #5 7/14/14 11:12 AM
Thanks for the responses. If Putnamville fills up really quick for camping, then maybe I will just head there first and get the tent set up on Wednesday before heading back down the road to THAT
SDHill89 (Offline)
  #6 7/14/14 12:29 PM
Last time I camped at Terre Haute they didn't charge me because I just had a tent, but the time before that they did so it's hard to say if you'll have to pay to stay there or not. Also last time I camped at Putnamville during sprint week, I got there at around 2:30 and there were only a couple spots left to throw up a tent. I'm camping both places again this week but I'm going to try to get to Putnamville much earlier this time.