IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
luckybuc97 (Online)
  #11 1/31/20 2:19 AM
It’s been a very rough day on me today after hearing the news on John and the Burial of another good guy today because of this horrible disease Rick Heck the promoter of the old Mt Vernon Illinois track, on February 13th I get to go though a surgery as the same as John for the 2nd time in 5 years and as John put it is he worried more about his family than anything else and that’s exactly what I’m going through, this cancer sucks ass and I pray a for sure cure is found before my kids and grandkids have to deal with this terrible disease and hateful world. I’m also somewhat worried about Jim George since I’ve not got an update since his daughter Rachel gave us one rite after his surgery and pray his recovery is coming along well. Sorry for the rant but today has really brought me down! Peace and love!
Rick

Rick Roth
12 Likes: chrismattlin, Gregg, i love dirt track racing, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, nathans1012, oppweld, PJ Wright, racenut69, ronmil, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
luckybuc97 (Online)
  #12 1/31/20 2:23 AM
Originally Posted by luckybuc97:
It’s been a very rough day on me today after hearing the news on John and the Burial of another good guy today because of this horrible disease Rick Heck the promoter of the old Mt Vernon Illinois track, on February 13th I get to go though a surgery as the same as John for the 2nd time in 5 years and as John put it is he worried more about his family than anything else and that’s exactly what I’m going through, this cancer sucks ass and I pray a for sure cure is found before my kids and grandkids have to deal with this terrible disease and hateful world. I’m also somewhat worried about Jim George since I’ve not got an update since his daughter Rachel gave us one rite after his surgery and pray his recovery is coming along well. Sorry for the rant but today has really brought me down! Peace and love!
Rick
Also prayers going out to both families!

Rick Roth
4 Likes: oppweld, Puppy, racenut69, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #13 1/31/20 2:34 AM
Originally Posted by luckybuc97:
Rick
Stay strong and never give up. You’ve got more green flags laps to watch 🙏

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
7 Likes: jdull99, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
tamale wagon (Offline)
  #14 1/31/20 9:04 AM
John Andretti at 1985 4 Crown Show at Eldora, someone joking around put a Tom Bigelow sticker over John’s name. Rest in Peace and god bless.

14 Likes: 2fast4u, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, i love dirt track racing, jdull99, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, oppweld, Puppy, Rapid Rick, ronmil, tirespinner
TQ29m (Offline)
  #15 1/31/20 1:49 PM
RIP John, will always remember you and your cousin, racing go-karts with SIRA around Indiana, you guys were a sight to watch, great family to be friends with, you'll be remembered as racers from the early beginning. Thanks for making us a part of the family. Bob and Peg

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, oppweld, tirespinner
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #16 1/31/20 2:14 PM
Met Jonm yrs ago at Eldora, what a kind man, he treated me like we were long lost friends, I mentioned to him about driving a Top fuel dragster yrs ago. He replied Oh man you remember that, saw him many times at tracks around Ind when I visited, always said hello. I will miss him
7 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, jdull99, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #17 1/31/20 8:22 PM
https://youtu.be/4HEb3uAPXTY

Short tribute by USAC

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
6 Likes: chrismattlin, i love dirt track racing, jdull99, luckybuc97, mc/rider, tirespinner
jdull99 (Offline)
  #18 2/1/20 5:43 AM
Short nascar vid -

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...-colon-cancer/

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
3 Likes: Chief Wahoo, mc/rider, tirespinner
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #19 2/1/20 3:04 PM
Our racing family sending our prayers and thoughts to all of the Andretti families. Thanks John for all the great things that you have done for the racing communities. Simply the best. Thanks.
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, tirespinner
Roy Bleckert (Offline)
  #20 2/1/20 7:09 PM
RIP John #GodSpeed