IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New dirt track opening west of Cincinnati
12/10/18, 2:15 PM   #1
New dirt track opening west of Cincinnati
SPRINTCAR

www.dirttrackatedgewater.com Friday nites sprints, Late Models and other classes. Lets hope it happens. There is a facebook page also.

12/10/18, 2:39 PM   #2
Re: New dirt track opening west of Cincinnati
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not being negative. Being realistic. Although the track is cut in. There is very little other than that done, Walls, fencing and lights, Restrooms. They do have some stands they could pull in place but it's going to take a lot of work. Im told they have the old Kokomo lights and will need some more.

They get a crew in there and it could be done by June I suppose. We'll see.

Im hoping it's successful. I'll set up camp at Burg and come down and make a weekend out of it several times a year.

Track was supposed to open last spring and flooding issues stopped it. Then needed permits and a zoning fight took place. Im told they got all that settled.

Track is 4/10ths mile. about the same as Eldora. Turns one and two are kinda egg shaped with three and four being wide sweeping, Sits in the open field to the right of the entrance to the drag strip. Easily visible from East Miami River Road.

Would be great for a BOSS double header and Burg needs a few more LM races too it's not like Florence isn't off half a dozen weekends over the summer.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/10/18 at 2:42 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, motorhead748
12/10/18, 3:34 PM   #3
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I thought the old Kokomo lights went to Route 44
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

12/10/18, 3:39 PM   #4
motorhead748

I'm with Charles. And there plenty more issues than the ones he mentioned.
I wish them well but I'm not sure I'm even cautiously optimistic.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/11/18, 1:05 AM   #5
SPRINTCAR

Hopefully they have the funds to get it done. I live in the township the track is in and 3 trustees tried to get control of zoning. That did not pass. Supposedly all the legal hurdles are mute and they can move on. Let's go racing.

1 member likes this post: superstock30
12/11/18, 1:23 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
Hopefully they have the funds to get it done. I live in the township the track is in and 3 trustees tried to get control of zoning. That did not pass. Supposedly all the legal hurdles are mute and they can move on. Let's go racing.
Well run by there and tell us if anything's been done since Oct when it was all grown over and turn three still had a big cut out. Would appreciate any updates
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/11/18 at 1:24 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, motorhead748
12/27/18, 7:27 PM   #7
motorhead748

I rode by there this afternoon 12-27. Track is totally grown over with several large cuts in the track I presume to let the water out. There is no sign of any lighting or fencing or any sort of structures. And in this time of year you have to think very little if anything can get done in the next 2 months.
I wish them well but they've got a long road in front of them.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, jim goerge, PJ Wright, Tony74
12/27/18, 9:24 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

As I said, Until we see some work done, Hard to tell if they're just playing lip service or actually have a plan. Going to take a crew and a couple months. Can be done, just if.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, motorhead748, PJ Wright
3/24/19, 7:58 PM   #9
motorhead748

Per the tracks recent FB post all permits are in place but they are still being held up somehow. Out on my bike today and stopped by for an update. There is essentially no change or work being done since I was last there in December.
I wish them well but if it happens it'll be a miracle.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, jim goerge
3/24/19, 8:02 PM   #10
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
Per the tracks recent FB post all permits are in place but they are still being held up somehow. Out on my bike today and stopped by for an update. There is essentially no change or work being done since I was last there in December.
I wish them well but if it happens it'll be a miracle.
Depending on what permits their waiting for they are sort of a pain in the azz to get so I could under stand the long hold up. Not always as easy as 123. Getting a new track will always be better then loosing one. Hope they can get things rolling and get the facility built.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, motorhead748
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New dirt track opening west of Cincinnati