IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: $50 grand bonus up for grabs at 2019 shamrock classic
12/7/18, 3:50 PM   #1
Usac: $50 grand bonus up for grabs at 2019 shamrock classic
admin

12/7/18 3:45 PM $50 GRAND BONUS UP FOR GRABS AT 2019 SHAMROCK CLASSIC

More...

$50 GRAND BONUS UP FOR GRABS AT 2019 SHAMROCK CLASSIC

By: Richie Murray - USAC Media

Du Quoin, Illinois………A hefty payday of $50,000 is up for grabs on March 9, 2019 when the USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midgets compete in the fourth annual “Shamrock Classic” at the Southern Illinois Center in Du Quoin.

The Factory Canopies “Pot of Gold” Challenge will provide the top-four drivers in passing points throughout the night an opportunity to pad their wallets with a $50,000 bonus.* Following the heats and qualifying races, if the top driver in passing points turns down the chance to go to the tail and go for $50K, the option will go on to the next driver and so on, but only the first four in passing points have that option.

The “Shamrock Classic” will offer appearance points only to drivers and their teams, no feature points.* That means there’s really nothing to lose in the grand scheme in terms of a championship campaign.* With a driver’s finishing position not being a part of the series title race, that creates more enticement for a team and driver to take on the challenge.*

With the 1/6-mile indoor dirt track routinely providing some of the most exciting, exhilarating racing action all season long. *“Shamrock Classic” race promoter Lauren Stewart doesn’t see any reason why a driver wouldn’t take on the challenge with so much to gain.

“I think it’ll be exciting,” Stewart exclaimed. *“I think Du Quoin’s a place that you can definitely make some action happen and create some excitement from the back.* With $50,000 to win, why not?

With it being the fourth annual event, the base winner’s share is $4000, meaning if a driver could complete the challenge and win from the tail, he or she would collect $54,000, which would be, by far, the richest take-home pay any driver has ever earned for a single race in the history of the USAC NOS Energy Midget National Championship.

Complete details on start times, ticket prices and the like will be announced at a later date.

12/7/18, 4:00 PM   #2
Re: Usac: $50 grand bonus up for grabs at 2019 shamrock clas
chathamracefan

Was gonna go anyway, but now I'm definitely in. I've seen Stenhouse do it from the tail there before. Granted that was after he was caught up in a lap 1 tussle at the front of the field, but there is no doubt guys like C Bell, Stenhouse, & the other big boys could get it done from the back.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, luckybuc97
12/9/18, 3:22 PM   #3
BrentTFunk

And people say promoter's don't promote anymore. Nice job to all involved. I plan on being there.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, opnwhlmnd
12/9/18, 4:03 PM   #4
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
And people say promoter's don't promote anymore. Nice job to all involved. I plan on being there.
Lauren Stewart took over after BC passed. He was promoter for first one. She’s done great job since. Always been a good event especially since they got the ventilation fixed after the first one. We almost had to low crawl outta there the first year. No problems since.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chathamracefan, sprinter31
12/9/18, 11:09 PM   #5
chathamracefan

She was also heavily involved in the first one that her and BC did together. Very cool event and pleased that she has continued it and is now taking it to another level. If u have never been to DuQuoin indoors and can get there do it. Or at least watch it online. It is a great show.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, ISF, Jbaldwin, racenut69
12/10/18, 8:24 AM   #6
Task Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
Was gonna go anyway, but now I'm definitely in. I've seen Stenhouse do it from the tail there before. Granted that was after he was caught up in a lap 1 tussle at the front of the field, but there is no doubt guys like C Bell, Stenhouse, & the other big boys could get it done from the back.

Both Bell and Stenhouse will be in Phoenix for NASCAR. Still will be a great show though.

12/10/18, 1:09 PM   #7
addictedtodirt

Rip the fence has posted that Bell will be driving for Chad Boat Racing at the Knepper55.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: $50 grand bonus up for grabs at 2019 shamrock classic