http://www.onedirt.com/news/mansfield-to-get-dirty/
4 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, sprinter14, TNRustler, WinglessLovers
billw (Offline)
  #2 1/5/17 5:46 PM
always nice to see more 5k to win non wing races
4 Likes: davidm, Simon_says17, sprinter14, WinglessLovers
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #3 1/6/17 11:15 AM
This is brilliant. Will be instantly one of the nicest dirt tracks in the country. Good luck to all involved.
2 Likes: PIT CART, Simon_says17
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #4 1/6/17 11:59 AM
One of the few dirt tracks with a safer barrier. 2000 club level seats 10000 aluminum backed seats. Hillside seating. Also nice to see a facility that can hold some bigger $$ races.

While we might not have multiple tracks running NW on a saturday night in ohio. What we do have is good car counts and good racing and even getting a few bigger paying NW races. Fremont 7500, Millstream 5k Mansfield 5k and a couple 3ks. Atomic and Portsmouth are great NW tracks as well Limaland was great till the top went away.

The place is going to be run by the same person who did the Bankers Life and St Louis Dome races So they know how to Market and promote. Bankers Life wasn't so good as track wasn't mulit grooved but the St Louis done was a hit by any measure.

My question is, Are they removing the asphalt or just putting dirt over it?

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: jdull99, motorhead748, Simon_says17
ChanceDHolley (Offline)
  #5 1/6/17 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
One of the few dirt tracks with a safer barrier. 2000 club level seats 10000 aluminum backed seats. Hillside seating. Also nice to see a facility that can hold some bigger $$ races.

While we might not have multiple tracks running NW on a saturday night in ohio. What we do have is good car counts and good racing and even getting a few bigger paying NW races. Fremont 7500, Millstream 5k Mansfield 5k and a couple 3ks. Atomic and Portsmouth are great NW tracks as well Limaland was great till the top went away.

The place is going to be run by the same person who did the Bankers Life and St Louis Dome races So they know how to Market and promote. Bankers Life wasn't so good as track wasn't mulit grooved but the St Louis done was a hit by any measure.

My question is, Are they removing the asphalt or just putting dirt over it?
From what I've heard the asphalt will remain below the clay.
ronmil (Online)
  #6 1/6/17 3:54 PM
Nice to see another dirt track, but it is a long drive from Evansville!

Ron Miller
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
ISF (Offline)
  #7 1/6/17 5:34 PM
I don't know anything about the buyer accept for scuttle coming in the aftermath of the dirt late model race in St. Louis last December. Seems the guy that bought Mansfield was also the promoter at St. Louis. There is a fair amount of grumbling among the late model participants of that show.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #8 1/6/17 6:34 PM
Originally Posted by ISF:
I don't know anything about the buyer accept for scuttle coming in the aftermath of the dirt late model race in St. Louis last December. Seems the guy that bought Mansfield was also the promoter at St. Louis. There is a fair amount of grumbling among the late model participants of that show.
That's because if you didn't make the A-Main in either the late model or modified you didn't get squat $00000. I know one guy went $300 entry fee, 4 new tires, and $600+ in pit passes, ect.. and got latterly nothing back. No tow money nothing period. The payout for the show was pathetic as any race for that high of winners purse. The modified a-main Friday only paid about $100 to start and it was a $5,000 to win race.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 1/6/17 7:21 PM
Originally Posted by nathans1012:
That's because if you didn't make the A-Main in either the late model or modified you didn't get squat $00000. I know one guy went $300 entry fee, 4 new tires, and $600+ in pit passes, ect.. and got latterly nothing back. No tow money nothing period. The payout for the show was pathetic as any race for that high of winners purse. The modified a-main Friday only paid about $100 to start and it was a $5,000 to win race.
Did they not know the payout going in?
Old Phrase, Nobody's fault but mine, comes to mind.

IMHO the Chili Bowl purse, cost etc is a bigger joke.

Charles Nungester
7 Likes: Crankin, jdull99, motorhead748, PIT CART, Ray3, Simon_says17, Stevensville Mike
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #10 1/6/17 7:38 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Did they not know the payout going in?
Old Phrase, Nobody's fault but mine, comes to mind.

IMHO the Chili Bowl purse, cost etc is a bigger joke.
The full payout was never posted not event on the entry forms or website and every time they asked a track official they got an I don't know answer.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.