IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
davidm (Offline)
  #11 7/9/14 8:10 AM
Every tee shirt sold in free advertisement to the team yes, but also to the tracks were these teams race. Why would anyone want to place an obstacle here?
4th turn fan (Offline)
  #12 7/9/14 8:20 AM
Amen Bill.....

Come on,,,,this is the week we have all been waiting on....

PLEASE enjoy it for what it is...

You will have 6 other chances this week to buy a shirt...

$1 for a pit pass....You can't get a deal that good,,,,,even at Wal mart...

Let's go racin'...
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, dickster, fish, Kansasdirtfan, mc/rider, wright59
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #13 7/9/14 8:31 AM
Don't know if they still do this but used to be when the sprint feature ended and all the cars got back to the pits. You could enter the pits before the other features ran if you stayed in the sprint area.

Charles Nungester
Birdsboro (Offline)
  #14 7/9/14 8:47 AM
Can I take my 10y/o in the pits early? Do I need to buy her a 50/50 too?
wilbur (Offline)
  #15 7/9/14 9:32 AM
Pretty sure u can take 10 yo in pits. just buy him a 50/50.
Justigit (Offline)
  #16 7/9/14 11:29 PM
I agree with Bill G. on this. Fans can get by cheap for the buck 50/50 pit deal if they want a shirt or autograph. But I think it kinda hurts the drivers / owners the most as they use that T-shirt money to get on down the road to the next race and maybe grab a burger on the way during Sprint Week.
on_the_edge (Offline)
  #17 7/9/14 11:34 PM
Another reason a lot of people start their sprint week at kokomo on Saturday. Gas city is going to have to step up their game and by taking away from drivers T-shirt sales and fans chance to buy them is not going to help their cause.

"It's the fastest who get paid, and the fastest who get laid".
4 Likes: jim goerge, mowerman, rclaridge, speed bump
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #18 7/10/14 7:06 AM
Its a shame to see such a good track get so much criticism. In 10 years when the track ain't there. Not being able to buy driver shirts won't sound so bad.
9 Likes: Charles Nungester, chase1989, cwfan08, fish, oldfan49, PIT CART, randy j, rapid robert, sc17x
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #19 7/10/14 9:01 AM
Im going to go with Devin on this one. Mel's gonna do what Mel thinks is right, even if it isn't in some people minds. The track makes things easy by the pit entry for a dollar before the drivers meeting and letting people in the sprint pit right after feature. No other track does that.

While I support teams and their efforts to sell shirts. It's amazing to me beings as the nail is already started. They're ready to drop the hammer.

When Mel's done, the track is most likely done as well.
We'll just start sprintweek at kokomo. Well next year its kokomo getting the bashing and so on and so on.

I'll be at GC supporting its future, Hope you are too.
Chuck, who's had his dislikes about several tracks and have come to the conclusion, Things like this "Is what it is" deal with it or not.

Several drivers have online stores as well, check and see. Delivered to your door!

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, cwfan08, EBookerFan, Mud Packer
PAW (Offline)
  #20 7/10/14 9:07 AM
Ya'll have all week to buy t - shirts quit crying about Gas City.

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
5 Likes: cwfan08, fish, monkeyboy, PIT CART, racenut69