IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Up And Coming Drivers
11/12/07, 6:00 PM   #1
Up And Coming Drivers
QUICKTIME82

This Is My First Post On Here But I Am A Very Frequent Reader. I'm Just A Little Disappointed That There Is Really No Positive Talk About Any Of These New And Up Coming Drivers From The West Coast. I Know You Dont Get To See Them Race That Often But There Stats Should Show You Enough. Two Of The Top 5 Qualifiers At Phoenix In The Midgets Were 1 Year Out Of Racing Strictly On The West Coast. I Think That Kody Swanson Does A Great Job Driving Whatever He Runs And I Have Seen Some Talk Of Him And It's Great That He Is Driving For The 9 Team And It Was Great For Him Getting A 3rd At Phoenix, But No One Has Ever Even Spoke Of Bradley Galedridge That Qualified Fourth In A Family Owned Car No Big Sponsors And No Big Name Help. He Ran 3rd Earlier In The Year At Mansfield,oh With The National Guys He Was Running 3rd The Night Before The 500 And Had Some Mechanical Problems And Was Running 6th At Belleville And Got Crashed. I Just Think That Some Of These Other Guys Not From The Midwest Deserve Some Props.that Is Just My Two Sense So Lets Hear What Everyone Else Has To Say.

11/12/07, 6:08 PM   #2
Re: Up And Coming Drivers
Dwight Clock

QuickTime82, what I have to say is welcome to the board. We don't talk much about some of those guys because we don't see them race often. Kody Swanson is an exception. He is a solid pavement racer in either a midget or a sprint. Since you live out where they race your contribution to this board can be to keep us updated on all the fine up and coming West Coast drivers. We welcome the info!:thumb:

11/12/07, 6:16 PM   #3
mortboyz

I believe you'll see lots o folks talking about Chad Boat next season...:thumb:

11/12/07, 10:19 PM   #4
LocalYokel

Capatilizing Every Word Makes It Very Hard To Read A Post...:headbang:

11/13/07, 10:32 AM   #5
petey

Argggh my eyes!!!!111

Blake Fitzpartick should be another one to keep an eye on.

11/13/07, 4:06 PM   #6
FishBurger

Welcome aboard QT82. Shane Golobic is a left coaster who impressed the heck out of me. Hoping he has the means and the desire to return to the midwest next summer. I still gotta give the nod to Kyle Robbins as the most promising young west (of Eldora :wink1 residing chauffeur. :checkered:

11/13/07, 4:21 PM   #7
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Welcome aboard QT82. Shane Golobic is a left coaster who impressed the heck out of me. Hoping he has the means and the desire to return to the midwest next summer. I still gotta give the nod to Kyle Robbins as the most promising young west (of Eldora :wink1 residing chauffeur. :checkered:
Shane will be competing at Turkey Night and rumor has it he may have a ride for the Rumble in the dome. What Shane has done this year is pretty remarkable when you consider he won in both Non-wing sprints / Pavement Midgets and had numerous top 3's in winged sprint cars on the left coast and if memory serves me made a WOO "A" Feature at Gold Cup. There is no doubt that if Shane would have spent the season in one discipline he would have tallied multiple feature wins be it in midgets , wing 360, nonwing, 410 wing. instead he spent the season becoming as diverse a driver as I have seen in quite awhile.

There are a group of talented youngsters who will make a mark in 08.
Full recap coming soon .......

11/13/07, 5:20 PM   #8
bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKTIME82 View Post
This Is My First Post On Here But I Am A Very Frequent Reader. I'm Just A Little Disappointed That There Is Really No Positive Talk About Any Of These New And Up Coming Drivers From The West Coast. I Know You Dont Get To See Them Race That Often But There Stats Should Show You Enough. Two Of The Top 5 Qualifiers At Phoenix In The Midgets Were 1 Year Out Of Racing Strictly On The West Coast. I Think That Kody Swanson Does A Great Job Driving Whatever He Runs And I Have Seen Some Talk Of Him And It's Great That He Is Driving For The 9 Team And It Was Great For Him Getting A 3rd At Phoenix, But No One Has Ever Even Spoke Of Bradley Galedridge That Qualified Fourth In A Family Owned Car No Big Sponsors And No Big Name Help. He Ran 3rd Earlier In The Year At Mansfield,oh With The National Guys He Was Running 3rd The Night Before The 500 And Had Some Mechanical Problems And Was Running 6th At Belleville And Got Crashed. I Just Think That Some Of These Other Guys Not From The Midwest Deserve Some Props.that Is Just My Two Sense So Lets Hear What Everyone Else Has To Say.
chad boespflug is also a up and coming driver

11/13/07, 5:41 PM   #9
Eagle14

Jeff Bland Jr.

11/13/07, 5:52 PM   #10
RACEADDICT

:thumb:I saw this post and instantly wanted to tell all of you IOW'ers a quick little story. I am not an old timer by any means but have been around for years and have seen a ton of these young rich kids come in, go like H ell and tear it up or someone else's, and what is worse not care...
At Bubby Jones race in Danville in Sept. one of these young kids really got my attention. It seems to me everytime I pulled on the track I was lining up next Kevin Thomas Jr. Have never spoke to him but never had any problems with him. Raced side by side a lot. In the heat race I was running second (badly) and the car was terrible. On the last lap I saw Kevin run up underneath me and pull a very good slide job on me in one and two. I crossed him over into three and four and came up just a bit short. However unlike a lot of these kids he did not turn down on me to bang me to keep me from passing him back. Did it clean.
After the race was over I was walking around the pits were I ran into him, as I said before had never talked to him before. He came up to me and we talked. He was concerned that he may not have given me enough racing room. I told him it was a good clean move and nice job.

A lot of the veterans don't like the kids, I will tell you this. I will line up next to this talented kid anytime with no concerns. Very impressed by the respect he showed not only me but the sport.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Up And Coming Drivers