IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Members -- Please Read
11/12/15, 8:46 PM   #11
rclaridge

I agree with tq29,if you're man enough to say it put your name on it!

11/12/15, 10:16 PM   #12
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Wow. Just wow. I've met so many fabulous people through this board and it is an absolute shame that some folks have to ruin it for many of the diehards.

You do what you've gotta do Mrs G. You know you have my support.

11/12/15, 11:16 PM   #13
Re: Members -- Please Read
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Thats why i ALWAYS make my user name, my actual name. I just wish that was mandatory on message boards.

Just sucks theres always a small percent of children who are allowed to use computers these days to ruin things for everyone.

Keep on laying the law down Mrs. G

11/13/15, 9:12 AM   #14
flatout

Please do not let this place become like hoseheads forums. This place has been a great place to come even when there is disagreement.

11/13/15, 12:37 PM   #15
Joey Woods

Would it be possible to add a button before the submit post or the submit new thread buttons that asked something to the extent of

Will your post or thread benefit racing in a positive manner?

[] Yes [] No

I understand this would not be fool proof but it may detour some of the negativity.

Another option would be a series of say 3 questions such as mentioned above. The questions would maybe give members a few moments to ponder the negativity they are about to unleash. Kind of a "cool down" period.

4 members like this post: 2fast4u, jim goerge, Mrs G, v8j
11/13/15, 2:17 PM   #16
racephoto1

Nice to see the boss not let this forum go to the trash can. Mrs.G, you've done a great job keeping this ship a float, and it's nice to see that you're not afraid of rapping knuckles on occasion. Keep up the great work.

11/13/15, 2:30 PM   #17
Baylands

Thank you for monitoring the board. I posted on Nov 10 on Hoseheads Forum how people might want to share information and ideas about our sport in a constructive way, rather than turn the forum into an immature bashing and name calling contest. Sadly Hoseheads Forum is done for, as it is dominated by rude people sniping at each other and not much positive and interesting information. I was about to post on Hoseheads that readers should look to IndianaOpenWheel as a place where mature people post and have good discussions, but then decided I didn't want to lure the worst offenders over here. Feel free to censor to keep this forum great like it is.

11/13/15, 3:25 PM   #18
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
Please do not let this place become like hoseheads forums. This place has been a great place to come even when there is disagreement.
Exactly! Sorry to hear about that. Mostly I've gotten lots of good info here, & everyone has been friendly. Unlike Hoseheads, which has WAY too much childish name calling & insults.
Threatening somebody on the Internet is inexcusable & really pretty chickenshit. I doubt if people would do that to your face. I would immediately bar anyone who threatens...

3 members like this post: Mrs G, racegal, tdt636
11/13/15, 3:45 PM   #19
DAD

Just looking at a post with 217 replies and 49,000 hits on it. That would mean that about 50,000 people are watching IOW with some sort of regularity. That is doing pretty darned good. With 50,000 people you will attract a few not so enjoyable people. These people could cause problems. I know for a fact Bill would make a well placed PM to tame me down when I got a little out hand and I respected that. With so much activity it would be a full time job for several people keeping track of so many different post and reply's. You guys are doing a great job. An old adage I learned in Jr High School "A word to the wise is sufficient".

Honest Dad himself

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racegal
11/13/15, 4:50 PM   #20
jim goerge

I must admit I have sent a PM to somebody who bashed me. So I'd like to apologize to this board for taking my heat. Mrs G I am so sorry that happened to you, I don't know what else to say but I'm sorry

3 members like this post: DAD, Mrs G, racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Members -- Please Read