IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy 500
5/26/19, 11:50 PM   #21
robert gatten

Could not hear announcers over Indy PA and sound of cars. NBC waisted money on 3 guys up stairs. Thought Danica & JR did good job and you could hear them.

5/27/19, 2:28 AM   #22
Re: Indy 500
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Good race
Wasn't crazy about NBC's coverage... lot of commercials and did they have pit reporters? If they did, they didn't go to them much.
I was wondering that too! I mostly had the radio on & only looked at the TV part of the time tho..I know Rutledge was in the infield...lol - which was fine, seemed like it wasn't TOO much, but added that aspect; altho I'da voted for former radio correspondent/midget racing HoF legend KO to take that spot!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: erich45
5/27/19, 2:39 AM   #23
Non wing lover

Blunder of the day was when Mike tirico called the first lady to race at Indy that's wrong it was Janet Guthrie nbc- owes Janet an aapology after the blunder all during the race there was no retraction of the error

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, davidm, luckybuc97
5/27/19, 2:40 AM   #24
Non wing lover

He called Danica the first lady to run indy

5/27/19, 11:36 AM   #25
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
Guess blocking rules go out the window on last lap. That was major blocking. Entertaining race tho
I agree with you 100%. I haven't watched the telecast yet and probably won't (a friend said NBC failed to show the complete flyover when the A-10 and F-16 came back and circled the track). I sit at the top of turn 3 and saw the blocking with my own eyes as he swerved back and forth down the back straightaway. I am a big Penske fan, but I thought what Pagenaud did was disgusting!

5/27/19, 11:50 AM   #26
wright59

Who wouldn’t block on the last lap of the Indy 500?? You think they don’t do that at every level of racing for real?? I was rooting for Rossi to
Get him but that’s how it goes! Chevy’s were just to strong on the straights. Great race to be at!! And I do agree 100% that 2nd flyover was bad a!!.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
5/27/19, 11:54 AM   #27
ISF

We wish it was easier to distinguish one car from another. There are no numbers clearly visible besides the one on the nose piece forward of the cockpit. Unless you're well versed on the sponsorship of any given car that doesn't stand out like Pagenaud's does it's hard for the casual fan to figure out who's who at a glance.

The last 1/2 of the race was very good. Rossi got a little excited a time or two and it appeared he had good reason. Our favorite is Ed Carpenter and we were hoping it would happen for him this year but not to be. We were also pulling for Conor Daly for obvious reasons. It's not often we get to see a guy that currently races at Indy on Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend race at Du Quoin during the Christmas Season!
Last edited by ISF; 5/27/19 at 1:00 PM.

5 members like this post: Bostonian, dirt330, EBookerFan, Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97
5/27/19, 12:15 PM   #28
quicktime3

There is a difference between blocking & breaking the draft. To me, that’s what he was doing.

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Emd645e6, ossuks, spicoli, TQ29m, wright59
5/27/19, 6:19 PM   #29
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright59 View Post
Who wouldn’t block on the last lap of the Indy 500?? You think they don’t do that at every level of racing for real?? I was rooting for Rossi to
Get him but that’s how it goes! Chevy’s were just to strong on the straights. Great race to be at!! And I do agree 100% that 2nd flyover was bad a!!.
I wouldn't call it blocking either, but he was defending his lead by disturbing the air, too far apart to call it blocking.jmho

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, dirt330, itsanonwingthing
5/27/19, 6:34 PM   #30
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Good race
Wasn't crazy about NBC's coverage... lot of commercials and did they have pit reporters? If they did, they didn't go to them much.

Thank you ....few understand!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy 500