IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Copper Classic is back.
8/23/18, 4:31 AM   #11
LocalYokel

Even if that was the correct date, I don't think it would effect the car count very much at all. What pavement Silver Crown and Sprint car drivers even enter the Chili Bowl? And of those that do are any of them truely contendors? Do Kody Swanson and Bobby Santos regurally enter the Chili Bowl? I could see it being a tough choice for Windom, maybe Jerry Coons, Welpott, and Darland also, but those are really the only drivers I can come up with who that might be problimatic for. Some teams like Klatt/East would have to make a decison also.
With the other classes though, I'm not sure that spectator attendance would be very mcuh affected. Although with nothing else going on that time of year it would certianly be foolish to have the date listed be correct.
Also, if they want Sprint Cars, I would assume that the Winged Pavement cars would be the far better choice. Way more of them around, especially out West. They'd be super fast at Phoenix, but they used to run the Supers and they're pretty similar when compairing speed vs safety at a place like that.
Last edited by LocalYokel; 8/23/18 at 4:33 AM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/24/18, 4:54 AM   #12
Re: The Copper Classic is back.
jdull99

The dates were "corrected"/changed in the NSSN story/link (not anywhere else, so this could all still be for naught); but if this is the case everyone could go from PIR (that is what I still call it) to Tulsa...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

8/24/18, 11:05 AM   #13
robert gatten

FAKE NEWS. Yep .. It's everywhere now days.

8/24/18, 12:48 PM   #14
NOSTINKINWINGS

Might work if they run the Silver Crown Saturday and Sunday daytime on the mile and Sprints and Midgets Friday and Saturday night at Queen Creek....

1 member likes this post: erich45
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Copper Classic is back.