IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Olson's wife
2/25/22, 1:19 PM   #1
Kevin Olson's wife
jimburch

Does anyone have any updates on how Kevin's wife is doing? Last time I heard she was still in intensive care. Thanks

6 members like this post: erich45, Grocery Guy, kendirt, rick42, tirespinner, TQ29m
2/26/22, 11:13 PM   #2
Re: Kevin Olson's wife
jdull99

Nancy was at the services this weekend. Appears she is on the mend; seemed very well present physically and emotionally (as she could be; can not imagine the struggle she has gone thru). We exchanged good words in the visitation line; I didn't have anything to say that most likely almost everyone else had said to her; but her simple words to me meant more than she could know.

PS - We happened to sit with her son for the meal at APS. Also a nice guy, and he did say it was ok for me to reply to this question (I didn't feel it was my place without permission).

PSS - I know a lot of what was released the last couple weeks made it confusing, and I hate to pick; but, Nancy was Kevin's longtime girlfriend (not "wife"). Please don't quote me, but I believe one of Kevin's daughters, at the funeral, referred to her as his "soulmate". That may fit the best (all of Kevin's family who spoke; and both the Lutheran Pastor and also Father Grubba; did a GREAT job).
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2/27/22, 12:14 AM   #3
Pitdad

Thanks for the update Jason. We didn’t go down to Rockford. Our flight into Milwaukee got in really late Friday night/Saturday morning (thank you Southwest for your perseverance), so we went to the pavilion to watch the simulcast. Audio was tough to pick up and my ears don’t work so good no more (wonder why?). Everyone did a great job honoring a great driver, dad, and friend.

My only question was, when they bladed the snow off the track for KO to take his last lap, why did they cut the line around the top? I NEVER saw Kevin run that high line!

Gonna miss that guy.

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, jdull99, tirespinner, TQ29m
2/27/22, 11:25 AM   #4
sprintracer82

We joked that KO hadn't ran that high in years. The ice was really bad and they struggled to get plowed what was plowed. I'm really glad my wife, Kevin's oldest, got to drive him for his last lap and into victory lane. Everyone has been so supportive throughout these last two weeks and I cant thank everyone enough. I've been blessed to be considered family for the last 8 years. Life will never be the same.
Nick Landon

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Olson's wife