IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 305 Racesaver News Coming SOON!
10/24/14, 1:23 PM   #11
RacerX14

Good pay out to get started. Hoping for a lot cars. thank bloomngton speedway

3 members like this post: Bill May, minispeed, PIT CART
10/24/14, 2:35 PM   #12
Re: 305 Racesaver News Coming SOON!
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

and another way of sticking it to the racers/owners of all classes.....either buy a transponder for $250 or pay an extra $20 per night....total rip off...so in essence the racers pay for the tracks new scoring system. total BS. If you are gonna buy a new scoring system, the track should either have the money to buy it and use it, or don't buy one at all...that place has operated since the late 1920's?? and it never needed a transponder system before now..all tracks make scoring mistakes with the lineups so that is not a valid argument to justify more expenses for the racers.

6 members like this post: 38DD, babcock14d, cantc4mud, kcarm92, Leohr46, MiniSprint53
10/24/14, 5:22 PM   #13
sp6967

only 20 more bucks a week to go racing at Bloomington speedway, finally there thinking about the people who put the show on.which will not be me.

10/24/14, 6:00 PM   #14
jjracer636

How many tracks use transponders in Indiana? Specifically the AMB transponders. I race Micros and we use them. You either pay 50 dollars for a membership each year and get one every weekend, or rent it for ten dollars a night. I'm buying my own next year just to have it and not have to deal with getting one from the track and returning it at the end of the night. The way I see it is the ones who are going to complain the most about the new system are the same ones that have gotten upset numerous times that they were put back a few spots on a restart because the scorers couldn't keep track. So if that's enough to keep you away from the track which would be unfortunate but seems to happen way too often anymore, so be it. I'm sure your bright attitude towards the promoters will be missed . Just be happy we still a few tracks left to race at weekly. Good luck to Bloomington on their 305 class next year.

10/24/14, 7:24 PM   #15
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

For all of you wondering about the Racesaver 305 Wing Sprint Car rules. Here they are strait off the Racesaver website: http://www.racesaver.com/rules.cfm?rk=10
Just thought I'd post it. Would love to see this kind of division up in the northern part of Indiana sometime down the road.

1 member likes this post: jjracer636
10/24/14, 7:49 PM   #16
old timer

come on boys put out the dough and lets go!!!!!!

2 members like this post: GSR96, nathans1012
10/25/14, 1:26 AM   #17
Hotshoe65s

There is no reason to charge drivers for a transponder. If the track wants to use a transponder scoring system than I say great, it'll help speed the program along. But that is their choice, so they should foot the bill for it. Just hand the transponder to the driver after he draws each night, and require it to be returned when the driver goes to get his/her money at the end of the night. That's how Brownstown did it when I went this year and it worked just fine.
Also, I have to agree with Kenny. Doesn't seem right to make the mods run more laps than the 305's and then pay them less money. If you want the 305's to be a higher class than mods that's fine, but have them run 25 laps and the mods 20. But in all actuality you should reconsider the mod purse instead. Like Kenny said a competitive modified costs way more than a 305 will, and probably even more than half the 410s do. So why not try and improve their purse? Heck, I run a super stock so I'm not even arguing for myself. It just makes me sick thinking about how much these mod guys have in their cars and thinking about how much they get paid relative to other classes. The mod car count was down last year at Bloomington, barely getting a full field most nights. So why not try and improve their class before it gets worse?
Just my opinion, doesn't mean it's right, but it at least gives people something to think about. I wish Bloomington the best in 2015, and I hope I can make it some.

4 members like this post: cwfan08, nathans1012, smith19, the_77H
10/25/14, 3:03 AM   #18
cmiracingvids

When Raceceivers came out, you could put down a deposit and return it at the end of the night to get paid and get your deposit back. Then they became so popular that everyone had them and you can't rent them anymore, yet tracks require them! They're $99 bucks a piece and you just have to buy it. It's part of the cost of racing. Unfortunately it's not a cheap sport. I do see the point, however, that the speedway put in the system, they should pay for it. How do other tracks do the transponder thing? Like Lawrenceburg or Montpelier? I know BOSS runs them. Can you rent one?

10/25/14, 8:58 AM   #19
kcarm92

Heres my take on transponder if track buys them they can get insurance on them ( case damage in crash or lost) we as drivers buying them if damaged in a crash we are just out and have to buy another one.

4 members like this post: babcock14d, dshort36, Leohr46, the_77H
10/25/14, 9:35 AM   #20
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
When Raceceivers came out, you could put down a deposit and return it at the end of the night to get paid and get your deposit back. Then they became so popular that everyone had them and you can't rent them anymore, yet tracks require them! They're $99 bucks a piece and you just have to buy it. It's part of the cost of racing. Unfortunately it's not a cheap sport. I do see the point, however, that the speedway put in the system, they should pay for it. How do other tracks do the transponder thing? Like Lawrenceburg or Montpelier? I know BOSS runs them. Can you rent one?
Raceceivers and transponders are 2 different animals, one you listen on, the other tracks you on the track, we have used them for close to 10 years, maybe more, and yes, they are expensive, and if it's yours, maybe you will take better care of it, and they each have their own signal, so if you lose it, and someone else finds it and uses it, it will show up on the printout, so someone is busted. Most tracks let you rent one, with your drivers license as security, or make payments on one if you are going to be a regular. JMHO Bob!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 305 Racesaver News Coming SOON!