IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 305 Racesaver News Coming SOON!
10/25/14, 11:18 AM   #21
Re: 305 Racesaver News Coming SOON!
chop

I do not have a dog in the fight. But its end of racing, so time on my hands.

I wish a local track near me would start a 305 class. Wing or non-wing.I am in Michigan.

Why is it when a wing topic is started here, the non wings guys get in a big huff about it. And act like it is the end of the world. But they stick up for the modified class? They are nothing but late models with out fenders. So you can like that stock car class, but not a class of sprint cars? Yes I like that class. So I am not putting them down, just asking.

So for the cost of one set of tires. You can have a timing device that gives you all types of data feed back. Lap times for the whole race, did you start out fast and slow down, did your set up come in at the 1/2 way point of the race. Did your new set up work better then last weeks set-up? Most track that use them allow you to look at every lap you turn plus the laps of all the other cars on the track. Sounds like good way to spend $20 a night.

2 members like this post: fish, Joey Woods
10/25/14, 12:27 PM   #22
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Popcorn shortage, Isle 5

2 members like this post: Kellen Conover, The Old Coyote
10/25/14, 8:24 PM   #23
sp6967

sorry about my last post. I had forgotten Bloomington speedway is always right.

1 member likes this post: Morin Racing 98
10/25/14, 9:10 PM   #24
PAW

Bha, Bha, Bha, who cares about wings and 305's??

KOKOMO'S GETTING NEW CLAY!!!!!

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, dirtlover, i love dirt track racing
10/25/14, 9:36 PM   #25
dirtlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
Bha, Bha, Bha, who cares about wings and 305's??

KOKOMO'S GETTING NEW CLAY!!!!!
Kokomo Speedway...Best Track in the Country...new clay; best track in the WORLD!!!

10/25/14, 11:57 PM   #26
Puppy

I have a Level Performance 305 (Fremont Oh, 410' and 305's) for sale complete. $6000. 734 six37 2546. Located in Mi.

10/26/14, 2:11 PM   #27
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

No matter what happens...nothings changing for me. I still get to be a race fan and watch some great racing every Friday night.

7 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Bill May, ByronMack, GSR96, jjracer636, midget96, ronmil
10/26/14, 11:30 PM   #28
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Bloomington already has issues with their car count. It makes no sense at all to add any more expense to the racers. Alot of us are scrapping up every dollar we have just to have a chance to race...transponders should be free. Even a small track like Bakersfield in Linton lets the drivers use them at no charge.

4 members like this post: babcock14d, kcarm92, Leohr46, the_77H
10/27/14, 9:18 AM   #29
KKinser99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
I do not have a dog in the fight. But its end of racing, so time on my hands.

I wish a local track near me would start a 305 class. Wing or non-wing.I am in Michigan.

Why is it when a wing topic is started here, the non wings guys get in a big huff about it. And act like it is the end of the world. But they stick up for the modified class? They are nothing but late models with out fenders. So you can like that stock car class, but not a class of sprint cars? Yes I like that class. So I am not putting them down, just asking.

So for the cost of one set of tires. You can have a timing device that gives you all types of data feed back. Lap times for the whole race, did you start out fast and slow down, did your set up come in at the 1/2 way point of the race. Did your new set up work better then last weeks set-up? Most track that use them allow you to look at every lap you turn plus the laps of all the other cars on the track. Sounds like good way to spend $20 a night.
Much complaining on this message board over the years about the wing racing thing. Majority of the county runs wing and have better purse. As far as the transponders go. A right rear hoosier Rd12 runs about 220 and I see no discussion or boycotts of hoosier for having such high tire cost. At first I had the same opinion about this transponder deal but in the long run I think it will be a good deal as long as tracks universally use them. That way a person did not have to buy one for a specific track.
Last edited by KKinser99; 10/27/14 at 9:29 AM.

1 member likes this post: jjracer636
10/27/14, 11:52 AM   #30
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

If transponders help get the field lined up faster, that would cut down of laps run under caution and help save teams fuel? Would it not pay for it's self over time?

2 members like this post: GSR96, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 305 Racesaver News Coming SOON!