IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before The 500
5/27/14, 1:38 PM   #41
Re: Night Before The 500
thebus79h

Is that saying Kevin miller made nearly a half million dollars in salary last year?

5/27/14, 1:47 PM   #42
rockstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Motorsports View Post
I provide the following information for fact purposes only. Not to support any particular view. It has been stated that they are a non-profit which is a relm I make my daily living in. So here is some publically available information that may or may not support some viewpoints.

According to their IRS form 990 for the fiscal year ended 11/30/2012

Total Revenue: $5,102,264

Total Salaries: $1,393,999

Total Expenses: $4,583,733

Revenue less expenses: $518,531

Total Net Assets: $2,249624

Reportable Compensation:

Kevin Miller $434,000
Jason Smith $95,000

Two main sources of revenue: (not a comprehensive list of all revenue sources)

Race Revenue: $3,013,203
Sponsorship Revenue: $1,530,502

*****All of this information was taken from a 29 page document that is public information.
USAC could care less about their drivers. I have raced in USAC shows as well as other sanctioning bodies and I can say I honestly feel that USAC is by far the worst. They do not care. I understand that you guys are trying to help save the sport as I love it to but we need another sanctioning body to pick up the pieces and put it back together like POWERi has done with the midgets. They have made USAC work to get drivers and that's what the sport needs. We, as drivers, need USAC a lot less than USAC needs us. They have had control way too long and did well for a long time but these numbers are ridiculous. Salaries this high with car counts this low you should be ashamed of yourself. Either step down or step up. This is Indiana and you're not even getting full fields. I am currently putting together a sprint car and I know USAC will care less but I will not run a USAC sanctioned show until they make some changes. I'm sure we all know what that means. Like I said, I know you guys are wanting constructive criticism, well all I have is step up or step down. You've had your turn

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Hotrod, ossuks, team3521
5/27/14, 1:58 PM   #43
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktime3 View Post
I'd love to see a breakdown of this 1.5M. That sounds like a number you made up & thought would get a reaction. And it looks like a pavement midget owner can license for $250. Same for driver. I guess maybe all your numbers are inflated. That's higher than it should be, but nowhere close to your numbers.

And it's rare to find any form of racing without an entry fee anymore. Sorry.

Don't take this as an approval of Kevin Miller. But your sour grapes and embellishment and probable made-up claims make it pretty understandable why he cut you.
See post 40, then apology! This sh@t is to good to make up!!
Last edited by ossuks; 5/27/14 at 2:31 PM.

5 members like this post: mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, RetiredShoe, rockstar5, team3521
5/27/14, 2:09 PM   #44
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktime3 View Post
I'd love to see a breakdown of this 1.5M. That sounds like a number you made up & thought would get a reaction. And it looks like a pavement midget owner can license for $250. Same for driver. I guess maybe all your numbers are inflated. That's higher than it should be, but nowhere close to your numbers.

And it's rare to find any form of racing without an entry fee anymore. Sorry.

Don't take this as an approval of Kevin Miller. But your sour grapes and embellishment and probable made-up claims make it pretty understandable why he cut you.
You should have known that what he was saying wasn't true, before you called his bluff. I assumed you did. I guess not.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish, Flatrightrear
5/27/14, 2:22 PM   #45
rockstar5

Gas City, Lawrenceburg, Lincoln Park, Anderson Speedway, IMS, Kokomo, and Tri-State Speedway all had full fields, most had B mains and none of which were USAC. The night before the 500, which is USAC sanctioned, only brought 10 cars. We can blame it on the cost of racing but regular shows are still getting full fields of cars. I think drivers go where they feel appreciated. ASCS had 9 races this past weekend, on average 27 cars per show. Jarrett Andretti ran the little 500 at Anderson Speedway and passed on the night before. That should tell you something. That race has been a big part of the Andretti family and I'm sure USAC saw that.
Last edited by rockstar5; 5/27/14 at 2:45 PM.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Hotrod, mowerman
5/27/14, 3:03 PM   #46
SP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
Is that saying Kevin miller made nearly a half million dollars in salary last year?
That is correct. Either that or USAC did not fill out their IRS tax return correctly.

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, rockstar5
5/27/14, 3:23 PM   #47
carrytheleftfront

Last edited by carrytheleftfront; 5/27/14 at 3:35 PM.

5/27/14, 3:27 PM   #48
ossuks

Expenses (4.5 million), trust me, the president does not travel cheap, no Super 8, no McDonalds!! $440,000 if you break it down that is only $8,500 per week plus an expense account! At the rate of his yearly raise he could be at $600,000 this year!
Last edited by ossuks; 5/27/14 at 5:30 PM.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
5/27/14, 3:35 PM   #49
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar5 View Post
Jarrett Andretti ran the little 500 at Anderson Speedway and passed on the night before. That should tell you something. That race has been a big part of the Andretti family and I'm sure USAC saw that.
Does Jarett Andretti have a pavement midget? As bad as USAC may have wanted cars for the NB500 I doubt they would have let a pavement sprint car run with the midgets.

2 members like this post: fish, Pat O'Connor Fan
5/27/14, 3:41 PM   #50
ossuks

The USAC president made $287,000 in 2009, $376,000 in 2010, $434,000, in 2011.... as you can see, as the owners have struggled and the drivers have struggled, the president has taken care of himself, there is no one left to protect the participants (there used to be a board of directors, they say there still is, thats another story) just keep making checks payable to USAC.

4 members like this post: Hotrod, Pat O'Connor Fan, rockstar5, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before The 500