IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before The 500
5/25/14, 2:16 AM   #11
Re: Night Before The 500
ThrowbackRacingTeam

How are those guys still employed? Anyone in their right mind would have fired them by now.

5 members like this post: Hotrod, Pat O'Connor Fan, red22, Russ, team3521
5/25/14, 3:20 AM   #12
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Kevin has done a fantastic job!!! In his tenure at USAC he has killed off the pavement sprints, destroyed the Silver Crown series, after the turd he laid tonight he has killed off pavement midgets! All his "stars" are off racing other places tonight instead of competing at the (before Kevin) most prestigious midget race in USAC !! Now, he is down to 8 sprint car teams!! Once POWER-I wakes up an notices that there are only about 6 USAC midget teams that will be the end of USAC midgets!! But, I do owe a big thank you to Kevin and Jason Smith for retiring me prior to destroying what myself and many good men spent a lifetime building!
Why don't you go work for them again and fix all these problems since it seems you have the solution. All you do is bash USAC when you post my guess is you have burned a lot bridges in your day and can't even be considered for it anymore. I get tired of people whining about USAC this USAC that but no one seems to have a legitimate solution. Come up with a solidified solution to the problems even if it's just one of many they may have and submit to the USAC office. The best way to help USAC and the racers is to support them and bring a friend to the track. Not sure where you get 8 sprint car teams either last I checked they have never had a show with that low of a count at a sprint car event.

Again everyone just needs to support them and help them grow instead of bashing your not solving anything just hurting the sport more. Submit something to spridge if you have the answer to fix a problem he will listen and pass it on.

4 members like this post: captrat, fish, Indy, Robbie
5/25/14, 5:22 AM   #13
Midget4

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
Why don't you go work for them again and fix all these problems since it seems you have the solution. All you do is bash USAC when you post my guess is you have burned a lot bridges in your day and can't even be considered for it anymore. I get tired of people whining about USAC this USAC that but no one seems to have a legitimate solution. Come up with a solidified solution to the problems even if it's just one of many they may have and submit to the USAC office. The best way to help USAC and the racers is to support them and bring a friend to the track. Not sure where you get 8 sprint car teams either last I checked they have never had a show with that low of a count at a sprint car event.

Again everyone just needs to support them and help them grow instead of bashing your not solving anything just hurting the sport more. Submit something to spridge if you have the answer to fix a problem he will listen and pass it on.

See that's where you are wrong, USAC would have been better off to keep the championships together.. Pavement and dirt all go for one champion. That is why they have 11 cars and which I bet there won't be 8 cars at the next pavement race

6 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Hotrod, JeAvart, mowerman, red22, team3521
5/25/14, 6:59 AM   #14
chop

Look at who was at the little 500 sprint car race. You can't be in two places at the same time.

3 members like this post: Robbie, speed bump, team3521
5/25/14, 9:01 AM   #15
hoosierhillbilly

Most of the midget guys running the little 500 are there because they or their car owners got out because of the impending death of pavement midget racing. Gone are owners like steve lewis, gone are sactions like namars and arca, gone are the drivers, like clauson, and usac will be too.

2 members like this post: mowerman, team3521
5/25/14, 10:47 AM   #16
thebus79h

The funny thing was is a lot of USAC officials were actually at the little 500.

I say move the night before the 500 to the newly paved speedrome, or move it to dirt somewhere in Indiana.

2 members like this post: short track scott, team3521
5/25/14, 11:26 AM   #17
Ken Bonnema

Back in the early 2 k's a high ranking Western States person told me that " Dirt is dead". No names here but he has been on the Hunt............for pavement cars ever since. Same time frame a person who was and is VERY connected with Turkey Night told me that "Turkey night will never go back to dirt" It did, and so did NASCAR. One of the reasons for the overall downturn in short track Motorsports is that, for the most part Racers and sanctioning bodies alike are very good with Math, but poor with arithmetic. We go out and win $200.00 and think we MADE $200.00. The tracks and sanctioning bodies schedule too many events, and we don't know when to say when. As far as U$@C goes, they will be fine. They have a wonderfull cash cow called the Point Two Five Midgets. Not only do the parents (and children I believe???) have to join the association and pay an entry fee to compete but then are rewarded with...........TROPHYS!!! Many of us may not like 16th St., but we sure can't call 'em stupid.............

2 members like this post: FishBurger, mowerman
5/25/14, 12:36 PM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post

He did work for them when Midget racing was thriving.............. THATS HIS WHOLE POINT.

A lot of good people who worked to build it up in the 90's 00's got thrown away.

Whats left, A few success's USAC had very little in creating. Sprint Week was formed by promoters and ran several years before USAC. Midget Week is a spinnoff Four Crown, Earls Idea and was basically dead at one point itself. Can't get a full field of midgets now and used to get 40

Bellelville, Hanging on by a thread

Without Andy, Id think Silvercrown would be dead by next year.

Yeah, Kevin walked into a disaster of finance that was created by a series of screw ups. I don't know if the ship is righted or not but the product is going to hell in a hand basket. IT SHOULD BE WHERE TEAMS WANT TO RUN, NOT BEG TEAMS TO RUN IT. Free pit passes, free tires. PLEASE SHOW UP.

2 members like this post: Hotrod, thebus79h
5/25/14, 2:20 PM   #19
fish

Some of you guys make me wonder why I have anything to do with auto racing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
Nobody asked you for your $0.02 worth. If you don't like reading these boards, then please! By all means! Excuse yourself from them!
Please check out this address. There are over 100,000 photos there and yet I rarely post any of them on any message board. Threads like this are the reason I "excuse" myself.

http://fscpictorial.smugmug.com/

Jim Fisher
Last edited by fish; 5/25/14 at 2:48 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, K9Racer
5/25/14, 2:50 PM   #20
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
Some of you guys make me wonder why I have anything to do with auto racing at all.
My guess is because you get in FREE every race you attend!?!
Have you EVER paid to attend a race?
Would you have anything to do with the sport if you did have to pay to attend like the majority of us?

1 member likes this post: team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before The 500