IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wow. Huge news.
10/27/13, 7:05 PM   #31
Re: Wow. Huge news.
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
I hope this slows down all the other guys soaking tires. I know Jeff is not the only one. Maybe everyone can just run the tires as they are, now!
Wow...... havent you heard of the word allegedly?

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
10/27/13, 7:42 PM   #32
nonwingnit

Some of you people on this thread slay me.....you're saying give the team a smaller penalty for cheating? So then it's ok for all the guys to cheat - the first time they get a pass - a slap on the wrist and "don't you do that again"! ....what about the low budget teams that can't afford to soak tires? What about the guys that are actually FOLLOWING the rules?! It ain't as cheap as you think to soak a tire either......

What a bunch of crud - you get caught breaking the rules you pay the penalty! No wonder this country is screwed up! Lets just let all the cheaters slide by in life and yes IF it was for tire doping that's cheating. Let's teach our kids it's ok the first time.....sheesh.....shaking my head at these comments......basically you're saying to everyone "cheaters never win -except in racing" and don't give me the line they been doing if for years it's no excuse.

Oh and I believe USAC already set a precedent this year on this - Kokomo banned KT from night 3 of Smackdown and USAC didn't allow him in so I would say based on that they can't say this team/driver could come in....they've already sided with the track in a previous situation....

I will say that the penalty directed to windom is unnecessarily harsh unless there is evidence he was funding the tire dope or some such.....

10/27/13, 8:29 PM   #33
ktsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingnit View Post

Oh and I believe USAC already set a precedent this year on this - Kokomo banned KT from night 3 of Smackdown and USAC didn't allow him in so I would say based on that they can't say this team/driver could come in....they've already sided with the track in a previous situation.....
Please do NOT post about things of which you do not have the facts correct.

Thanks
Kevin Thomas, Sr

10/27/13, 9:23 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

3 members like this post: Morin98, PIT CART, Ty
10/27/13, 10:51 PM   #35
Bad Dad 54

As I stated they were just DQ'd in our group, maybe they got tow money I don't know, back in 98 at Gas City 3 cars went home w/o racing. Then during qualifying it seemed I turned every 3rd car back due to the wrong tire. One guy was adamant about racing, said, "Who I appeal to?"
"The Race Director", so I called him over & when the fellow asked, Director replied, "What did my tech man say?"
"He said no"
"Well then your not racing" boy he was mad, but I stood by the rules, I took no joy in DQ'ing someone, but I did get a few b'fast bought for me after the races

1 member likes this post: speed bump
10/28/13, 12:35 AM   #36
Flatrightrear

Jason Feger got slammed by the Lucas Oil LM Series for soaking tires and I'd bet he doesn't do it again 'cause he got slammed hard. Rules have got to be enforced or they are meaningless like our nation's border rules. As for Kevin Thomas I heard his problem was with an out of control female county mountie and not with USAC or Kokomo Speedway but that is just what I heard. One must never let the facts get in the way of a good rumour.

1 member likes this post: JackSam40
10/28/13, 11:44 AM   #37
fourteen fan

Jason Feger got slammed by the Lucas Oil LM Series for soaking tires

I think you need to check the facts on that statement.

1 member likes this post: El1teBr33ze
10/28/13, 12:07 PM   #38
jim goerge

I was told by a UMP official that Jason Feger was caught with soaked tires and was banned at all UMP tracks for 3 months

10/28/13, 12:26 PM   #39
fourteen fan

correct, not Lucas Oil.

2 members like this post: El1teBr33ze, speed bump
10/28/13, 1:39 PM   #40
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

They make tire "sniffers" that are capable of detecting ppm concentrations of chemicals used to soften tires. Does anyone know what method of detection Bloomington uses?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wow. Huge news.