IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Series...thoughts?
5/29/12, 9:31 PM   #31
Re: USAC Silver Crown Series...thoughts?
kundog

Myself and some of the others were not at the first couple of races for all the reasons of what happened. All the owners saw this coming, Some went forward, Others decieded to wait and see. Dont hold your breath for things to change. I haven't seen Kody Swanson on here since the races giving his opinion.
Keith Kunz

5/29/12, 10:21 PM   #32
K-Dawg30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundog View Post
Myself and some of the others were not at the first couple of races for all the reasons of what happened. All the owners saw this coming, Some went forward, Others decieded to wait and see. Dont hold your breath for things to change. I haven't seen Kody Swanson on here since the races giving his opinion.
Keith Kunz
This confirms some of my suspicions as to why some cars were not at Indy. I know of one other guy, that normally runs the dirt races, who is on the list above, that didnt go to Indy due to not being able to get the engine running properly on ethanol.

I believe the 6R cars were big into this ethanol deal and i do remember Kody posting awhile back on here about a test in FL? From the sounds of his updates on things everyone on here was misinformed and the fuel was as simple as a couple inexpensive changes to the injection systems. Well, to me it looks as though it was more than that and to boot now the majority of teams are rebuilding their engines after just Indy.

How many cars will not be at Springfield in August if nothing changes?
Last edited by K-Dawg30; 5/29/12 at 10:30 PM.

5/29/12, 11:47 PM   #33
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Here is the way I see it and I am sure many of you will disagree. The front engine upright cars days have been numbered ever since the tracks other than Indy started being paved. I hate it because I love those cars. When is the last time a mile dirt track was built in the USA? Has one been built since the car was invented? I feel bad for all that are involved, but I don't see how any thing will help. Remember the overwhelming support the PRA got? The car counts were not large and the crowds barely average. If you want to see these shows continue stop complaining and show the world people are interested by showing up and supporting the series, that is the only thing that will help.
The last mile dirt I can think of was the Nazareth track back in the 1980's.

5/30/12, 8:17 AM   #34
Bill Angel

There was a clip on TV last week of an interview with the president of Ignite. He stated that Ignite fuel will be the exclusive fuel for all USAC divisions next year.
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com...m.asp?ID=53907
Last edited by Bill Angel; 5/30/12 at 12:29 PM. Reason: add link

5/30/12, 9:56 AM   #35
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

& by the way Groove Grabber, one of the most beautiful Silver Crown cars ever. I know that don't help fix the engine...just sayin'. Good luck the rest of the year, bob.

4 members like this post: groove grabber, K-Dawg30, luckybuc97
5/30/12, 11:36 AM   #36
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Angel View Post
There was a clip on TV last week of an interview with the president of Ignite. He stated that Ignite fuel will be the exclusive fuel for all USAC divisions next year.
USAC must have a death wish. This could kill all the divisions. If a car runs elsewhere, other than USAC, are they expected to change everything over so they can run methanol instead of Ignite? Are they to have different engines?

1 member likes this post: OTSNWR
5/30/12, 11:57 AM   #37
K-Dawg30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget 89 View Post
USAC must have a death wish. This could kill all the divisions. If a car runs elsewhere, other than USAC, are they expected to change everything over so they can run methanol instead of Ignite? Are they to have different engines?
It WILL be the death of USAC Midgets if that happens because they are on the chop block already. The POWRi series is getting plenty of midgets and I dont see them changing fuels anytime soon. I dont see the local sprint car tracks going for it either honestly...if they dont go for it how many guys will just run USAC?

I think it comes back to what a couple have said. Ignite tried and it didnt work. I think the logical conclusion is to go back to the way things were when the cars ran fine and try to find other ways to help open wheel racing grow.

3 members like this post: dirtball, jim goerge, luckybuc97
5/30/12, 1:04 PM   #38
DonMoore10

Oh... OK.. Ignite fuel for USAC midgets now... LOLOLOLOL You have got to be kidding. I'm still waiting on the $12,000 midget motor that was suggested by the USAC president three years ago.. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
Last edited by DonMoore10; 5/30/12 at 1:05 PM.

5/30/12, 3:01 PM   #39
flatout

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundog View Post
Keith Kunz
+1

Spot on.

5/30/12, 5:27 PM   #40
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Angel View Post
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com...m.asp?ID=53907
Anyone else having trouble with the link now?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Series...thoughts?