IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sunshine vs Jack
9/21/21, 6:36 PM   #1
Sunshine vs Jack
flagboy55

Well folks, I saw on the Twitter today that Tyler Courtney is running all 4 races at the best event in the world known as the 4 Crown National’s at ELDORA this weekend. As most of us know the great Jack Hewitt is the only one to win all 4 races at the event. Can sunshine duplicate that feat? Without wings he’s been dang near unbeatable there recently, coming off a Kings Royal win you would have to consider him in contention with the Allstars Saturday night. Jack is always the man as far as I’m concerned, but Tyler has a real shot and in my opinion it would be even more impressive than Hewitt’s feat! What do you think?

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, TNRustler
9/21/21, 7:19 PM   #2
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Two at best. Wings and Sprints.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier
9/21/21, 7:57 PM   #3
Re: Sunshine vs Jack
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 49

Also of note, if Tyler Courtney holds on to his ASCoC points lead (3 races remaining), he will become the second driver to win both an ASCoC sprint car Championship, and a USAC National Sprint Car Championship. The other being Robbie Stanley (R.I.P.), who won the ASCoC title in 1989, and won three consecutive USAC titles in 1991, 1992, and 1993. Courtney’s Championship’s would be with the same team (CMR).

9/21/21, 8:27 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Id take Jac in his prime over either at Eldora, wing or non.

9/21/21, 10:09 PM   #5
duel

I would be surprised if he wins 2. They can dump the wing portion as it makes the night way long. Run just a feature with them. Not a whole show. Last year of crowns for me if next year it's not a usac event. (right lol) Usac has not run a stand-alone show at E for 3 years or more now. Track is a rolled-up rubber-down slow show. Cushion of cement wall then middle of track rubber show later on when sc cars run. Prove me wrong Roger. Spend some of that pyrotechnics money on the track surface prep for the usac cars. Sorry I used this thread to vent. Crowns are a fun time but that place is a dust bowl. I have been to every one of them. USAC only on Saturday. Have a huge wing show friday for one of the crowns.

9/22/21, 8:53 AM   #6
opnwhlmnd

He should be the favorite to win in Silver Crown driving for Chris Dyson. They dominated the Silver Crown race earlier this season.

He is more than capable of winning all four just depends on how lucky he is in the pill draw.

2 members like this post: duel, Hustlin-Hoosier
9/22/21, 9:14 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
He should be the favorite to win in Silver Crown driving for Chris Dyson. They dominated the Silver Crown race earlier this season.

He is more than capable of winning all four just depends on how lucky he is in the pill draw.
Yup, he was the only one that went up on the wall and never left. Throwing rooster tails when the patch of loose dirt was less than a foot in some cases. Yes the track has changed, there's virtually never a cushion anymore, But it's still at times the fastest way around the track.

Richard Hoffman would say, If you don't get up on that wall and keep your foot down. find another ride.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, oppweld
9/22/21, 11:09 AM   #8
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Id take Jac in his prime over either at Eldora, wing or non.
By saying Jac vs. Jack, I assume you mean Haudenschild? If so, I'll take Kinser in his prime over anyone at Eldora with or without. History/Data tells me so.

9/23/21, 3:24 AM   #9
wrtracing

I have always said there isn't any fair way to compare a driver from one era to another driver in a different era. Just love em for giving it all they got everytime they hit the track! There are lots of drivers who may have turned into superstars if they would have gotten the right opportunity but it just didn't happen. Thank goodness for racing because I sure don't want to watch any or sport or ********!

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley

6 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, captrat, mc/rider, oppweld, PJ Wright, tirespinner
9/23/21, 2:14 PM   #10
hoscalecody

To me if Tyler would win all 4 it's not the same as when Jack did, due to Jack winning a race in a modified, a car very different then the others.

Don't get me wrong it'd still be an amazing feat, just not the same in my opinion.

Also one cool fact of Larson winning 3 of the 4 classes. On only the 2nd night ever racing Eldora, first night ever racing Eldora was the day before.
So nothing against sunshine.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 9/23/21 at 2:19 PM.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sunshine vs Jack