IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana midget week
6/8/21, 11:05 PM   #31
Re: Indiana midget week
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Give me 4 heats and a hooligan and I’m good. I have to say however I do prefer the larger car count. I suppose I got spoiled when a lot more quality teams travelled here for the week. Especially Sprint Week when a lot of west coast teams came out. Those really were the good ol days
FLag55 Dude its still midget week, I don"t recall a lot of midgets ever coming here for IMW. I think a hand full
of west coast teams will be here for ISW in fact one team has moved here Jake Swanson , and last year I heard that one other was looking for land to move their business and race shop to in Princeton IN.

3 members like this post: fish, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
6/8/21, 11:30 PM   #32
flagboy55

I’m very well aware of which week it is, that’s why I used the adverb “especially” to separate sprint week from midget week. In my opinion car count is low for IMW this year. As I stated I have no complaints but it’s usually around 40 plus if I’m not mistaken. I like a lot of cars, regardless of where they come from

1 member likes this post: dkdorkboy
6/9/21, 8:46 AM   #33
opnwhlmnd

CMR only has two cars now and KKM only has what five this year instead of nine like they have in the past. No RAMS racing cars. No Larson and his team. No PA guys like Alex Bright and Steve Buckwalter. Adds up quick.

Personally for me it doesn't matter the car count. Does anyone even watch the battle of two lapped cars dueling for 15th and 16th? I also like the fact that USAC makes lapped cars go to the rear after a red or yellow now.
Last edited by opnwhlmnd; 6/9/21 at 8:47 AM. Reason: Brain cramp

6 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART, reeserx, sw1911, tirespinner, TNRustler
6/9/21, 11:22 AM   #34
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Wonder what a race team budget looks like when you compare the entire Midget week to Chili Bowl week. I find it amazing how many cars will compete in the Chili Bowl and the budget it takes to run that week. You basically race two days, and the second day you could run one race and be done. Travel, hotel rooms, hours spent all week, food...I guess its the experience.

5 members like this post: 95KART, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, PIT CART, tirespinner
6/9/21, 11:33 AM   #35
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
Wonder what a race team budget looks like when you compare the entire Midget week to Chili Bowl week. I find it amazing how many cars will compete in the Chili Bowl and the budget it takes to run that week. You basically race two days, and the second day you could run one race and be done. Travel, hotel rooms, hours spent all week, food...I guess its the experience.
Does anyone know the Chili Bowl purse and what the payout is through the field? I have heard it is that much.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
6/9/21, 1:52 PM   #36
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
CMR only has two cars now and KKM only has what five this year instead of nine like they have in the past. No RAMS racing cars. No Larson and his team. No PA guys like Alex Bright and Steve Buckwalter. Adds up quick.

Personally for me it doesn't matter the car count. Does anyone even watch the battle of two lapped cars dueling for 15th and 16th? I also like the fact that USAC makes lapped cars go to the rear after a red or yellow now.
Steve buckwalter and Taylor raimer are joining this 2nd half of the week so we pick up 2 more. You are absolutely correct about KKM and CMR as well. We don’t have many powri guys either like Zack daum, he usually comes and races

4 members like this post: jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, TNRustler
6/10/21, 12:56 PM   #37
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
Steve buckwalter and Taylor raimer are joining this 2nd half of the week so we pick up 2 more. You are absolutely correct about KKM and CMR as well. We don’t have many powri guys either like Zack daum, he usually comes and races
Steve mentioned in victory lane at Lincoln Saturday after he won the ARDC midget race that he was heading out for Midget week Wednesday.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/10/21, 2:31 PM   #38
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Steve Buckwalter Racing
1nu3ct dSplesmongstionresd ·
X
Steve made the last minute decision not to attend the final races of Indiana Midget Week. Instead he will be racing in PA this upcoming weekend. He will be at Williams Grove on Friday, Selinsgrove on Saturday and Bloomsburg on Sunday for the ARDC midget race.

1 member likes this post: davidm
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana midget week