IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
OnTheHammer (Offline)
  #1 10/25/21 12:00 PM
Any word on how Anthony D'Alessio is doing? That was a nasty crash Saturday night at Gas City.
wildman92 (Offline)
  #2 10/25/21 2:24 PM
According to a post on his Facebook page yesterday by his Mother:

This is Anthony's Mama. Hopefully this sounds worse than it is 🙏🏼 He's got bruised lungs, a crack in his spine, a concussion, whiplash, and what they are most worried about is his left eye. Gotta keep it closed, iced... chance it could pop out if pressure builds up. 😔
All manageable, and he'll be ok. 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Jen Kelley (she/her)
30 Likes: 410fuelinjected, Al Pierce, bighd0522, Black Deuce, Bobv, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, CRA91, dirtball, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, duel, flagboy55, ISF, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, nathans1012, oppweld, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racenut69, rapid robert, Rcar, tigerone, tirespinner, TNRustler, TQ29m, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 10/25/21 3:32 PM
Thanks Jen. I was sitting right down there, It was a nasty spill. Prayers for a full recovery

Charles Nungester
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, CRA91, dirtball, duel, flagboy55, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, oppweld, PJ Wright, racenut69, rapid robert
duel (Offline)
  #4 10/25/21 4:43 PM
That was one bad ride. Glad he is going to recover. He seemed pretty optimistic in his post yesterday on fb. The fact he was posting is a good sign.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, oppweld, PJ Wright, tamati, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Online)
  #5 10/25/21 5:26 PM
Anthony is a good guy. Hoping for the best for him.
10 Likes: Black Deuce, chrismattlin, Dirtfan, duel, flagboy55, oppweld, PJ Wright, racenut69, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #6 10/25/21 5:35 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Anthony is a good guy. Hoping for the best for him.
And you as well my friend.👍👍

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
13 Likes: Black Deuce, BrentTFunk, duel, flagboy55, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, PJ Wright, racenut69, sprint18, tirespinner, wildman92, WinglessLovers
benvar (Offline)
  #7 10/25/21 9:51 PM
Hope he makes full recovery - I was right behind him when he went out - any idea how his medical insurance is working for this - mine does not cover professional sports - which I think they would consider racing at Gas City - does the track insurance cover any of this - or USAC - or does he have special racing insurance
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #8 10/25/21 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by benvar:
Hope he makes full recovery - I was right behind him when he went out - any idea how his medical insurance is working for this - mine does not cover professional sports - which I think they would consider racing at Gas City - does the track insurance cover any of this - or USAC - or does he have special racing insurance
If i remember and read it correctly with USAC insurance. Is it starts with Personal insurance, then goes to track insurance and once that's all exhausted USAC insurance comes in. I could be 100% wrong on that and would be glad to be corrected if I'm wrong. If I remember correctly also, i'm same way personal insurance won't cover racing.

Corky
racegal (Offline)
  #9 10/26/21 2:32 PM
Get well soon!!!!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Hammer (Offline)
  #10 10/26/21 3:55 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you recover. You are a really nice young man and a good guy not to mention a talented driver.
God bless you Anthony!
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, tirespinner