IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
LindaKMansfield (Offline)
  #1 10/14/21 9:12 AM
Third Annual Fall Festival of Speed and Non-Wing Nationals
Oct. 22-23 at Gas City I-69 Speedway, Gas City, Ind.

Final sprint car and midget races of the year in the Midwest!

Friday, Oct. 22 - 7:30 p.m.
- Non-Wing 410 Sprint Cars ($2,000 to win; $200 to start; Hoosier tire rule-medium or H15 on right rear. Hoosiers on all four corners)
- IRA AutoMeter Wisconsin Wingless Sprints (crate motor sprints)
- USAC Midget Cup Series (eligible to race: midgets, Speed2 Thunder Midgets, and 1000cc Mini-Sprints) $5,000 purse; $1,200 to win; bonuses for top three finishing D2s and mini-sprints)
- 600cc Non-Wing Micros ($300 to win; $50 to start)

Adult admission $20; students $15; 12 and under free; pit pass $35
Pit gate opens at 3 p.m.; front gate opens at 4:30 p.m.; drivers’ meeting at 6:05 p.m.; hot laps 6:35 p.m.; racing 7:30 p.m.
Westhold (yellow) transponders will be utilized. Rentals available for $10. Pouches are mandatory. (Available for sale at the track.)

Saturday, Oct. 23 - 7 p.m.
- Non-Wing 410 Sprint Cars ($2,000 to win; $200 to start); Hoosier tire rule-medium or H15 on right rear, Hoosiers on all four corners)
- IRA AutoMeter Wisconsin Wingless Sprints (crate motor sprints)
- Modifieds ($800 to win, $110 to start); UMP- or IMCA-style mods
- Street Stocks ($500 to win; $80 t -start)
(Street Stock RULES: 3,000 lbs. minimum weight, no aluminum blocks or heads allowed, open carburetor rule, maximum 8-inch wheel, and tire, maximum 8-inch spoiler, no coil-overs, open tire rule) Legal cars include Gas City street stocks, Kokomo streets, Montpelier, Limaland, UMP stock cars, Indiana super stocks, Plymouth streets, Oakshade, Michigan Pro Stocks and others.
- Hornets (FWD and RWD) $300 to win, $50 to start. (Open to any FWS or RWD four-cylinder, DOT tires only (no racing tires).

Adult admission $20; students $15; 12 and under free; pit pass $35
Pit gate opens at 2 p.m.; front gate opens at 4:30 p.m.; drivers’ meeting at 5:35 p.m.; hot laps at 6 p.m.; racing at 7 p.m.
Westhold (yellow) transponders will be utilized. Rentals available for $10. Pouches are mandatory. (Available for sale at the track.)

Weekend camping available (dry) at no charge. Sprint teams may stay in the pit area overnight Friday and Saturday.
Local hotel rooms available - Go to www.gascityi69speedway.com for more information.
8 Likes: 95KART, duel, HoosierRaceFan, nathans1012, PJ Wright, tirespinner, TNRustler, Will Shunk
OnTheGas61 (Offline)
  #2 10/22/21 1:31 PM
Based on current weather conditions Gas City I-69 Speedway is running tonight (race time 7:30 p.m.). Preparations are well underway for a great night of racing! The two-day Fall Festival of Speed kicks off tonight with 410 non-wing sprint cars, IRA Wisconsin Wingless sprints, USAC Regional Midgets and 600cc non-wing micro-sprints.

Action returns tomorrow evening (start time 6 p.m.) with both classes of sprint cars plus modifieds, street stocks and hornets.
3 Likes: addictedtodirt, HoosierRaceFan, tirespinner
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #3 10/22/21 2:41 PM
Well I hope it’s dry up there cause all I’ve done is drive for two hours in rain and I’m in Indy now

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
2 Likes: sjracer26, tirespinner
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #4 10/22/21 2:53 PM
Hope to see some updates for all divisions.
Car Counts
Heat Race Winners
Feature Top 3 & Winners

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
4 Likes: Eatin Dirt, oppweld, Tim Bookmiller, tirespinner
Will Shunk (Online)
  #5 10/22/21 4:20 PM
At GC I-69 and some drizzle passed through @ 3pm and another bit of light drizzle (roads are dry) to move through now until 4:45. Looks dry after 5 pm. Should be a great night although cool like a football game.
2 Likes: Tim Bookmiller, tirespinner
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #6 10/22/21 5:41 PM
Gas City just posted on Facebook that TV personality, David Letterman is there and posted a picture with him, & Goodnight Racing drivers Matt Goodnight (left) and Ben Varner.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
12 Likes: Bill Angel, Black Deuce, HoosierRaceFan, kylenap, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, rapid robert, sc17x, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, Will Shunk
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #7 10/22/21 6:57 PM
I hope you all get it in tonight. Hate to see a good Autumn race weekend go to waste.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 10/22/21 7:00 PM
37 • Sprint Cars
27 • IRA Wisconsin AutoMeter Wingless
21 • USAC Midget Cup Series
23 • Non-wing Micro Sprints

Charles Nungester
9 Likes: CRA91, LUCKYONE, nathans1012, oldfan49, oppweld, PIT CART, rapid robert, tamati, Tim Bookmiller
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #9 10/22/21 9:52 PM
Currently in a mist delay.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #10 10/22/21 10:45 PM
GAS CITY, Ind., Oct. 23 — Rain halted the first half of the “Fall Festival of Speed and Non-Wing Nationals” at 10 p.m. Friday night, forcing track officials to postpone the B and A-Mains for the non-wing 410 sprint car and Interstate Racing Association (IRA) Auto Meter Wisconsin wingless sprints to Saturday at 3:30 p.m. At the conclusion of that show, the complete program for Saturday night will begin at 5 p.m.
The A-mains for the USAC regional midgets and the 600cc micro-sprints originally scheduled for Friday night will not be rescheduled.
The pit gate will open at noon on Saturday.
The grandstands will open at 3 p.m. for fans who have their stubs from Friday night.
At the conclusion of the show postponed from Friday, security will sweep the grandstands and then allow fans with tickets to Saturday’s program to enter the grandstand area.
Tomorrow’s Schedule ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
Pit Gate - 12:00 PM
Front Gate - 3:00 PM
Cars on track - 3:30 PM (roll into hot laps)
Gas City Sprint Car - B Mains
IRA Wisconsin AutoMeter Wingless - B Main
Gas City Sprint Car - Feature
IRA Wisconsin AutoMeter Wingless - Feature
At the conclusion of Friday’s program we will roll into the regularly scheduled program for Night No. 2 of the Third Annual Fall Festival of Speed and Non-Wing Nationals
Saturday, Oct. 23
• Sprint Cars
• IRA Wisconsin AutoMeter Wingless
• Modifieds
• Street Stocks
• Hornets
GA - $20 | 12 & Under - Free | Pit Pass - $35

Charles Nungester