IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #1 7/30/13 10:16 PM
I was looking for a place to go this Sunday for some sprint car racing since Kokomo is shuttered. On the MOWA website they have Vermilion County in Danville, IL listed. However, on the Vermilion County Speedway website there is no mention of this race. Does anyone have an idea if it has been cancelled?

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
wingedsprint47 (Offline)
  #2 7/30/13 10:34 PM
The race date has been moved. It's TBD

Posted via Mobile Device
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #3 7/30/13 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by wingedsprint47:
The race date has been moved. It's TBD

Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
MOWA (Offline)
  #4 7/30/13 11:23 PM
Yes.... the date has been moved and we should announce the new date within a day or two. There will also be some other announcements coming out yet this week, including the makeup of last Friday's event at Jacksonville, and one really special event near the end of the season. Stay tuned.
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Mud Packer
mscs20 (Offline)
  #5 7/31/13 7:29 AM
How hard would it be to switch the sprint car part to non wing for this Sunday? Looks like the best day for weather this weekend too.
7 Likes: Indy1808, Jerry Shaw, luckybuc97, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, SHORTBUS, snowdrift
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #6 7/31/13 5:13 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
I was looking for a place to go this Sunday for some sprint car racing since Kokomo is shuttered. On the MOWA website they have Vermilion County in Danville, IL listed. However, on the Vermilion County Speedway website there is no mention of this race. Does anyone have an idea if it has been cancelled?
I also had this on my calendar and was hoping for VCS to pick up Kokomo's slack in August.
Real bummer, hope they don't cancel the 18th too.
Real shame to have this facility sitting idle.
I guess I need to start using a pencil on the calendar so I can erase?

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
19racer
  #7 7/31/13 5:55 PM
Originally Posted by Indy1808:
I also had this on my calendar and was hoping for VCS to pick up Kokomo's slack in August.
Real bummer, hope they don't cancel the 18th too.
Real shame to have this facility sitting idle.
I guess I need to start using a pencil on the calendar so I can erase?
No slack at Kokomo gearing up and getting everything ready for the big 3 day smackdown for USAC Sprints. Seen Danville has 410 non wing sprints on their schedule for august

Posted via Mobile Device
mscs20 (Offline)
  #8 7/31/13 6:08 PM
I was told part of the promotion team has to be out of town this weekend. So this Sunday is out of the question.
Aug 18 will be the next show at VCS. Non wing sprints and modifieds. Also coming up in Sept 8 or 15, non wing sprints will run again.

Posted via Mobile Device
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #9 7/31/13 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by mscs20:
I was told part of the promotion team has to be out of town this weekend. So this Sunday is out of the question.
Aug 18 will be the next show at VCS. Non wing sprints and modifieds. Also coming up in Sept 8 or 15, non wing sprints will run again.

Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, Thanks S!
That's the slack, I'm talking about picking up.
The Sundays that Koko is dark.

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
PAW (Offline)
  #10 7/31/13 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by mscs20:

Posted via Mobile Device
Only two classes ! I'll stop on my way home..

Posted via Mobile Device

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK