IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
latemodel55 (Offline)
  #1 4/9/18 9:08 PM
Any recommendations for lodging this weekend for Kokomo?
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #2 4/9/18 9:58 PM
Good Luck with this,seems to me they gouge when they can,as most do. JMO

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
mc/rider (Offline)
  #3 4/10/18 12:41 AM
Ive stayed in Kokomo at most of the motels along 931 several times a year.I told the clerk I was attending the races at KMS and was offered racers discount. It seems more then one made the offer,cant remember which ones.I suggest calling and shopping around. Good luck in your never ending quest. PS Greenville south of Eldora raises rates for races so we started staying in Winchester

When in doubt Gas It
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #4 4/10/18 12:49 AM
I've stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites for years. I have talked to people satisfied with a number of others, but I would really not recommend the Motel 6.

Frank Daigh
2 Likes: jim goerge, Josh Spencer
revjimk (Offline)
  #5 4/10/18 2:23 AM
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan:
I've stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites for years. I have talked to people satisfied with a number of others, but I would really not recommend the Motel 6.
I've stayed at Motel 6 a few times. No problems. As they say, it ain't the Ritz....
mc/rider (Offline)
  #6 4/10/18 2:33 AM
The Ritz, Motel 6 or 6 to a room what ever it takes.GYATK

When in doubt Gas It
6 Likes: duel, GYATK94, i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, jim goerge, luckybuc97
davidm (Offline)
  #7 4/10/18 8:01 AM
I use this site as a guide to look at cost and locations.

https://hotelguides.com/indiana/kokomo-in-hotels.html

I stayed here the several times I've been to Kokomo.

Quality Inn & Suites Kokomo - 1717 East Lincoln Road, Kokomo, IN 46902
2 Likes: jim goerge, mc/rider
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #8 4/10/18 1:00 PM
Stayed at Motel 6 for years never had a problem! But to each his own! Stayed at the track the last 2 Smackdowns lots more fun than a Motel!

#9 4/10/18 4:38 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
The Ritz, Motel 6 or 6 to a room what ever it takes.GYATK
Thats funny!.... but true
2 Likes: scottyCbus, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #10 4/10/18 4:48 PM
Honestly, I have heard of incidents at Motel 6, & have seen cops cruise the parking lot, but the only thing I ran into was a crew of drunk guys from Pa. who were kind of loud. But I liked them & now we're buddies (ran into them them again at cheapest motel within striking distance of Eldora!) They like wingless too, bored with Pa. 1/2 miles & wings...
But I don't ask for much either. I live in some of Denver's least expensive housing, most of my neighbors are immigrants. Some nites a Mexican guy ends up sleeping on the floor of the hallway just outside my apt. door, after drinking cerveza with his amigos. Not sure if he has an actual home somewhere else, can't get a straight answer...but everybody knows him & he's OK
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, scottyCbus