IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: I will get involved in Racesaver class based on...
Payout and strict enforcment of the rules. 33 32.04%
An even distibution of payout (much less to winner) and stict enforcment of the rules. 22 21.36%
Do not bring Racesaver sprints to Indiana. 48 46.60%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Potential 2015 RACESAVER participants Poll
10/8/14, 9:25 PM   #41
Jhouts06

Looks like Tim did win a WOO race at Paragon 7/13/83. Unless I've miss understood the info the link below provides.
http://www.coracingworld.com/stats/woo_sc_wins.html

10/13/14, 10:18 AM   #42
Re: Potential 2015 RACESAVER participants Poll
KKinser99

I assume Bloomington speedway should have some news on this class soon. I want to start building.

10/13/14, 11:39 AM   #43
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKinser99 View Post
I assume Bloomington speedway should have some news on this class soon. I want to start building.
I just went to Jacksonville Speedway to check on the Poweri race results and stumbled on to the rules they are proposing for their new 305 sprint class. It appears that they have put a lot of thought into their package and it make some good reading for potential rules for a 305 CI Sprint class. By opening up the rule package a little they should increase their car count and can still control things with weight etc.

Follow link http://jacksonvillespeedway.com/305-sprint-rules/

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/13/14 at 11:43 AM.

2 members like this post: Bill May, KKinser99
10/13/14, 12:39 PM   #44
Hotshoe65s

Instead of trying to figure out how to create a new class and treat them right, why don't you start by treating the people who already support you right.
A good modified cost more money than a good sprint car now days. There are guys selling their USED mods as rollers for $16,000 and then selling their used engines for over $18,000. Then they run for $100 to start and $600 to win most nights. They need to be running for closer to $1000 to win and $200 to start. Do that and watch the mod class take off.
Also the hornets are running for pennies. I know it is a very low budget class, but some tracks pay less to start for the hornets than they charge the driver for a pit pass.

3 members like this post: DAD, dshort36, jd1sprint
10/13/14, 1:02 PM   #45
DAD

Hot

With the sound of those numbers you are talking about seems like a real good excuse to switch over and race a 305 Sprint Car.

Nothing worse than sitting in the shoot waiting for them to finish an Open Wheel Mod race, one lap at a time. With a little wider rear tire, a few less adjustments to the rear suspension, or a $10,000.00 Traction control they might be able to keep them all going in the right direction for most of the race.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/13/14 at 1:05 PM.

10/13/14, 1:16 PM   #46
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Hot

With the sound of those numbers you are talking about seems like a real good excuse to switch over and race a 305 Sprint Car.

Nothing worse than sitting in the shoot waiting for them to finish an Open Wheel Mod race, one lap at a time. With a little wider rear tire, a few less adjustments to the rear suspension, or a $10,000.00 Traction control they might be able to keep them all going in the right direction for most of the race.

Honest Dad himself
Yeah mods are overpowered and harder to drive than just about any other type of dirt car. Then when you get guys with no experience and some with little to no talent or with subpar equipment, they tend to cause a lot of cautions. But a lot of mod races are just as quick as sprint races that have 1-2 reds for flips.
But I doubt you get any mod guys that switch to a 305. Most mod guys wanna stick to mods, hence why they continue to spend ungodly amounts of money to race mods instead of spending the same to race a winning 410. I think a lot of it has to do with the risk of getting hurt. Most mod guys can't afford to miss work cause of a racing injury.

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/13/14, 1:56 PM   #47
DAD

Hot

I agree 100%, Mods with good drivers put on a heck of a show, Mods with beginners in the seat are a pain. I have also see a bunch of mods wadded up like a pretzel. One reason for this is a lot of them, probably the same ones with the attitude of win at any cost are buying cars constructed with really thin walled tubing much thinner than the rules call for.

I "Preach Wings", In the 305's they will help out them heavy footed beginners, will speed up the Journeyman racer to speeds closer to the 410's speed, and to boot them wings sure cushion out a hard flip eating up a bunch of energy that that 4130 tubing seems to only amplify, kinda of like a "Supper Ball" compared to a "Nerf ball".

We run a lot of Wings in Mini Sprints turn times faster than most Mod times, can usually run a main without a caution or red flag, and if I saw them as Dangerous I wouldn't let my son race one.

The 305 Sprints sure look Good To Me.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/13/14 at 6:10 PM.

1 member likes this post: fish
10/13/14, 7:18 PM   #48
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

According to the poll #s Ebola is more welcome in indiana than racesaver sprints.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Drew Tarr, Tony74
10/13/14, 7:21 PM   #49
DAD

dirt

Count the first two poll options as one and it looks a lot better.

Honest Dad himself

10/13/14, 10:30 PM   #50
KKinser99

I have talked to a few mod guys and they said they will be 305 racing if the pay is better than they are currently getting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Potential 2015 RACESAVER participants Poll