IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: I will get involved in Racesaver class based on...
Payout and strict enforcment of the rules. 33 32.04%
An even distibution of payout (much less to winner) and stict enforcment of the rules. 22 21.36%
Do not bring Racesaver sprints to Indiana. 48 46.60%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Potential 2015 RACESAVER participants Poll
10/6/14, 4:54 PM   #21
Re: Potential 2015 RACESAVER participants Poll
KKinser99

I think if I was a promoter I would try and find a way to increase pay across the board. I want to see the racing community grow and would make it my number one priority to assemble a reasonable purse for all classes.

2 members like this post: DAD, nathans1012
10/6/14, 5:18 PM   #22
DAD

K

In a perfect world I agree with you. In the real world that we face everyday things look different, hold on to your exuberance as long as you can when you temper that with experience you will probably make a great racer or promoter.

Those promoters are so positive thinking that they can be standing in a pond of water on the front straight away with slickers on an an umbrella over their head and tell you on the phone that the weather looks great at the track and racing should go on as usual.

Honest Dad himself

10/6/14, 5:50 PM   #23
kcarm92

i have had non-wing sprintcars sold them because back problems bought mods (easier on back) not wallet regardless of what people think. Run for smaller purse, track promotors dont need to start another class just pay the classes you have more that brings in cars and dont put it all on the top thats why paragon draws 35-40 cars,now if you think iam going to sell mods off and buy a 305 sprintcar for 10,000 to 15,000 not going to happen might as well buy 410 same money.i know people complain about mods taking so long to run a race what do you think going to happen with a bunch of rookies in underpowered spintcars on a tacky track unless they are going to make it black slick which will then cause more problems with 410 complaining about that.and dont really have a problem with 305s just the way going about it, maybe someone from the speedway needs to step up and tell what the purse is going to be.that way everyone will know what they want to do in 2015

10/6/14, 7:22 PM   #24
bobbyg45

I was told they are paying 300 to 500 to win 100 to start

10/6/14, 7:47 PM   #25
DaveP63

Assuming he can get his modified stuff unloaded, Josh Webb is planning on putting one together for next year.

1 member likes this post: jjracer636
10/6/14, 9:20 PM   #26
Bill May

That Cotton Bowl payout schedule looks reasonable to me for a startup class.

Bill May

10/6/14, 9:30 PM   #27
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKinser99 View Post
Anyone who disagrees with payout discussed please give your opinion on what payout should be . We need to have dialogue to see where everyone stands.
I think that using Eagle as your point of reference is a mistake. Eagle is an outlier. The promoter and the 360 guys could not get along. He brought in the Racesaver guys to replace the 360 guys. He is paying them more as a bridge between the two groups. Also, Racesaver Sprints are still the premiere class at Eagle.

Racesaver is not going to be the premiere class at Bloomington. Thus, they are not going to be paid like the premiere group. They are going to be paid like a support division. I would imagine that their purse is going to be the same or less than the modifieds.

As I posted in the original thread, when the series started back in the Dallas Fort Worth area 7-9 years ago, it paid well to start but not very good at all to win. It was not unheard of to pay $200 to start but only $300 to win. The idea was that everyone was going to make back the money they spent to get to the track, but no one was going to make money in the class. I have not been in DFW for several years, so I do no know if this is still the case.

I am sure that when the promoter decided to add this class they looked at it being a back gate/cost neutral class meaning that all of the purse was going to be paid for by the back gate. I really do not believe that they added this class thinking that it was going to do a lot to drive ticket sales at the front gate. If the front gate says the same, the money has to come from the back gate.

Finally, you need to look at the home page of the Racesaver web site. It is pretty clear what an ideal purse would be from the sanctioning body point of view.

Did you know that the average sprint car purse pays the winner 10 times the amount earned by the 24th place car? Races run under RACESAVER® plan pay the 24th starter at least 1/2 of the winner's purse. A typical purse would pay the winner between $150 to $300 and the 24th starter $100 to $150. No, that isn't a lot of money, but that is exactly the plan. Big money, brings big problems. You can be competitive for under $150 per night. Now you can race, pay the mortgage, and send the kids to school. RACESAVER® growth is very strong. We now have over 600 cars competing in RACESAVER® regions and tracks. The present and future of affordable racing is RACESAVER® . Join us and race better and more often, while spending far less money.

http://www.racesaver.com/

4 members like this post: DAD, Drew Tarr, fish, Sandy Lowe
10/6/14, 10:23 PM   #28
RacerX14

I here lot talk on this post from people don't have car trying to race it cost a lot I race because it a great sport I like to less cost maybe more people can do it If we like or not cost must come down

10/6/14, 11:59 PM   #29
Bill May

Since this thread has been up 24 hr's I see the "yeas" have nudged out to a 4 point lead over the "nays". I anticipate some quasi-official info being offered here in the not to distant future which should answer some of the concerns of potential racers and could possibly, affect the poll results.

Bill May

1 member likes this post: fish
10/7/14, 2:47 AM   #30
Josh Kinser

I think its crazy drivers are on here saying the payout example is to high. Really? Shouldnt that be the goal? Lobby to have a good pay structure? I think Kerry used Eagle Raceways structure as an example because the 305 that was brought in for the demonstration last week was a weekly driver at Eagle. Its not a situation where people are suggsting that 305s should come in and get paid more than all other support classes. Its basically a statement saying that all classes should pay more, the regular weekly non wing class should pay 2k in my opinion, with the modifieds inheriting the current non wing structure, and Street stocks increasing the same way. Id like for one of the Bloomington Speedway officials to join in on this debate and hit us with some knowledge and official information, or at least share with everyone what kind of ideas they are throwing around.

1 member likes this post: KKinser99
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Potential 2015 RACESAVER participants Poll