IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: I will get involved in Racesaver class based on...
Payout and strict enforcment of the rules. 33 32.04%
An even distibution of payout (much less to winner) and stict enforcment of the rules. 22 21.36%
Do not bring Racesaver sprints to Indiana. 48 46.60%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Potential 2015 RACESAVER participants Poll
10/6/14, 2:11 PM   #11
Re: Potential 2015 RACESAVER participants Poll
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Kinser View Post
I would think that a bigger purse would bring in more cars , more cars would equal more fans and family attending, which will result in more revenue for the track through the front and back gate. Its like the movie Field of Dreams, but for racing..."If you Pay more, they will come"

Also, while some may see the support classes as a way to fill in the gap or let people get popcorn between the "big Boys" track time, I would think as a driver my primary objective would be to drop the hammer as hard as anyone,and let the big boys know that youve got em in your sights. That's just my way of thinking and I would want to do as good as I could in the 305 class, with the objective of moving up to the 410s.

Josh

Life isn't a movie, we don't have writers scripting our every move. Your job as a driver is to push it to your and yours car's limits, maybe just a tad more. Let them know that you are shooting for them but don't work so hard at it that it spoils your enjoyment of racing. Focus is a good thing but I have seen an awful lot of good drivers give up and throw in the towel because they couldn't achieve their goals. And I have seen a few drivers that would step down a division or two and race anyhow because they loved it, they always seemed to be the most happy and content.

Honest Dad himself

10/6/14, 2:52 PM   #12
quicktime3

This purse would mean an average of $315 per car if a full field is reached (which will surely be a stretch to start). The point of a "support division" is for car-affiliated income to out-weigh total payback. If the average car includes 4 people ($120 in pit passes), that leaves $195 to recoup by one gate or the other. Tough to do.

This has been proposed as a "support division" all along, meaning the purse would be small and covered entirely (and then some, hopefully, for the promoter) by those directly connected to the teams. Anything over $200 per car seems extremely unlikely.

I will hold my opinion on this added class in Indiana.

1 member likes this post: Joey Woods
10/6/14, 3:15 PM   #13
KKinser99

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktime3 View Post
This purse would mean an average of $315 per car if a full field is reached (which will surely be a stretch to start). The point of a "support division" is for car-affiliated income to out-weigh total payback. If the average car includes 4 people ($120 in pit passes), that leaves $195 to recoup by one gate or the other. Tough to do.

This has been proposed as a "support division" all along, meaning the purse would be small and covered entirely (and then some, hopefully, for the promoter) by those directly connected to the teams. Anything over $200 per car seems extremely unlikely.

I will hold my opinion on this added class in Indiana.
I would be alright with $200 to start maybe even $150. I think that should be the minimum in my opinion. Also I do not see getting involved if winner is paid around $300 to $350. I have seen them numbers mentioned in other posts.
Last edited by KKinser99; 10/6/14 at 3:16 PM.

10/6/14, 3:25 PM   #14
quicktime3

An AVERAGE of $200 per car is more than what modifieds currently get & is probably on the high end for a support division.

If it is to be believed that some of these cars will come in the form of transitioned modified or sprint car racers, what is being gained? They will likely be paid more than a modified or a "B Main" sprint racer, so the track would be losing money on them.

Remember, these cars are now the headliner at certain places (like Eagle, where they replaced a winged 360 class). And as the headliner, they are still only paid $315 per car on a feature purse.

1 member likes this post: Joey Woods
10/6/14, 3:31 PM   #15
Josh Kinser

Im just posting from the perspective of being a driver or owner(Im neither) and saying what I think it would take, payout wise, for a person to want to start up a team to go racing in that class. As a driver it would be simple; does it pay enough and are there enough cars to run against. The math equations and all of that don't really do much for me, that seems more like a promoters business point of view, and all I can speak for is the drivers point of view, and I assumed that's what most people on here also try to do; speak for the drivers and try to make things change to benefit them and give owners incentive to field a car. I'm not going to talk down a potentially new class of race cars,just because I'm concerned that the racetrack may lose a little bit of money, they have their own group of people to make those decisions.
Last edited by Josh Kinser; 10/6/14 at 3:33 PM.

10/6/14, 3:45 PM   #16
Josh Kinser

And I have no stake in this at all, Im just surprised people would be against bringing another class of sprinters to run, I assumed everyone would be gung ho, mainly because we are on a message board called Indiana Open Wheel.

2 members like this post: DAD, nathans1012
10/6/14, 4:08 PM   #17
DAD

Josh

Polls are deceptive, sometimes it is how the question is asked that cause responses to skew one way or the other. Sometimes one side is much more opinionated than the other. 305's should do well at Bloomington and with any luck a Saturday night track also. But expecting a purse larger than any other support track is not going to be in the cards. Why would Lawrenceburg run Mods with the sprint cars, the big reason is car count and fans in the stands. Those darned Mods are the 800 pound gorilla of support classes.

Honest Dad himself

10/6/14, 4:09 PM   #18
KKinser99

Payout from cotton bowl speedway Paige texas
http://www.cottonbowlspeedway.com/payout.pdf

10/6/14, 4:20 PM   #19
KKinser99

Anyone who disagrees with payout discussed please give your opinion on what payout should be . We need to have dialogue to see where everyone stands.

2 members like this post: DAD, nathans1012
10/6/14, 4:25 PM   #20
DAD

K

Would the purse be coming out of your pocket? If so you should be the one to call the shots. Pay whatever you feel comfortable with.

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Potential 2015 RACESAVER participants Poll