IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jake Swanson Extremely fast in Illinios
9/11/22, 10:23 PM   #1
Jake Swanson Extremely fast in Illinios
yeleyfan76

Jake Swanson won at both Jacksonville and Spoon River this weekend. Two totally different type tracks. Jax a tight bullring and Spoon River a big wide bowl. Both events were crisply run and the action was good. Non wing sprint cars are fantastic wherever they run and this past weekend was no exception. For those who were there you understand for those who were not, maybe next year. I plan to do the 28 hour round trip again.

9/12/22, 6:57 AM   #2
Re: Jake Swanson Extremely fast in Illinios
JJMooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Jake Swanson won at both Jacksonville and Spoon River this weekend. Two totally different type tracks. Jax a tight bullring and Spoon River a big wide bowl. Both events were crisply run and the action was good. Non wing sprint cars are fantastic wherever they run and this past weekend was no exception. For those who were there you understand for those who were not, maybe next year. I plan to do the 28 hour round trip again.
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve quickly become a Jake Swanson fan. He’s really impressed me.

I only went to Spoon River. It’s a track I hadn’t been to in over 25 years. In the few times I had been there to watch sprint cars it was dry and dusty. Laid rubber. Seldom done before midnight. Not Saturday night. That place was juiced up. The action was downright sick. There was so much going on during the feature, you had trouble taking it all in. I was out of there before 9:30. No complaints. One of the best shows I've seen this year.

9/12/22, 8:55 AM   #3
nodramazone20

Spoon River was fantastic....First time, so was not sure what to expect....I did not expect Full Send into the corners....wow, that place was FAST....Quick Show at both places .....Hope to go back again in 2023

9/12/22, 9:42 AM   #4
dsc1600

Both tracks are excellent and the show was good. First world problems for me, but I wish it were on a different weekend because there was so much other stuff on but I caught the replays and it looked like events the series can build on.

Speaking of which, Xtreme announced a 2 day show at Devil's Bowl in late October to end the season.

9/12/22, 2:04 PM   #5
The bubs

Also I thought Alex bright looked good. Nice to see an east coaster do some traveling and be successful.

9/12/22, 4:08 PM   #6
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The bubs View Post
Also I thought Alex bright looked good. Nice to see an east coaster do some traveling and be successful.
Alex is doing well as a traveler. The usac east series points would be tighter if Alex had stayed on the PA porch, but I'm glad to see him showcase his talent nationwide. Its really cool to see east coast guys be competitive with the national racers.

9/12/22, 5:06 PM   #7
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMooney View Post
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve quickly become a Jake Swanson fan. He’s really impressed me.

I only went to Spoon River. It’s a track I hadn’t been to in over 25 years. In the few times I had been there to watch sprint cars it was dry and dusty. Laid rubber. Seldom done before midnight. Not Saturday night. That place was juiced up. The action was downright sick. There was so much going on during the feature, you had trouble taking it all in. I was out of there before 9:30. No complaints. One of the best shows I've seen this year.

I was warned that Spoon could turn out the way you described. Fortunately they made the effort to prep it right for non wing sprint cars. They were moving on that track along side by side racing too. Jax was prepped well too.

Great track prep, an efficiently run, well designed format, and you have a great show. 4 cars on track for TT is totally possible anywhere if they can do it at Jax. The format also makes the heats more competitive especially if you timed poorly within your group. Well done by the tracks and the series. Ready to do it again.

6 members like this post: cshuman, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner, Tom23
9/12/22, 5:23 PM   #8
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

I've been to both of these tracks many times over the years. Last weekends races were the best non wing shows i've seen at each track!

5 members like this post: cshuman, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
9/12/22, 5:55 PM   #9
racenut69

Drivers don't learn much racing at the same track every week.I also realize that not everyone can travel these days....Economy and costs su*k right now....JMO!....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The bubs View Post

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner
9/12/22, 6:45 PM   #10
Greatful Ted

The wheel man at his best this past weekend

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jake Swanson Extremely fast in Illinios