IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #1 2/13/22 1:28 PM
Last night in the garage we had 3 races going and hockey. I believe somewhere on the WOO broadcast they mentioned Rob Klepper as announcer for the new Extreme series. I thought I also heard there’s involvement from Tony Laporta as well. Like I said there was a lot going on so I’m not sure I heard it correctly, I’m hoping someone can clarify. Just find it funny using former USAC talent.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, Ken Bonnema
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #2 2/13/22 2:59 PM
Johnny mentioned a few times over the weekend that Klepper was going to be the announcer. I’m not his biggest fan but it makes sense, he’ll bring credibility to the broadcast.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #3 2/13/22 3:47 PM
I don't think Klepper wanted to be on the road 90 plus times a year, Something about reality or something. He's a fine knowledgeable announcer that 25-30 events may fit his current needs

Charles Nungester
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, dwhitney1169, erich45, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, racenut69, skids59, Will Shunk
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #4 2/13/22 6:06 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I don't think Klepper wanted to be on the road 90 plus times a year, Something about reality or something. He's a fine knowledgeable announcer that 25-30 events may fit his current needs
I believe you are correct on not wanting to do 90 plus nights. You just about have to be young and single. I saw where Tony LaPorta was doing tweets for the Outlaws this week.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, tirespinner
cshuman (Offline)
  #5 2/13/22 6:27 PM
Klepper is our guy for the Xtreme Outlaw Series in 2022.. Tony is in charge of some content creation that you will see with the WoO Sprint Series that you will see in 2022.
9 Likes: AustinSprinter, Blitzman, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Dblchkrs, Dirtfan, racefan20, rick42, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #6 2/13/22 8:39 PM
Originally Posted by cshuman:
Klepper is our guy for the Xtreme Outlaw Series in 2022.. Tony is in charge of some content creation that you will see with the WoO Sprint Series that you will see in 2022.
Hope all goes well. The track could use a weather break
openwheelfan1 (Online)
  #7 2/13/22 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Hope all goes well. The track could use a weather break
It rained again today until about 2:00 PM, then the sun came out. SUPPOSED to be chilly tomorrow with a high around 60°. Dress accordingly if attending the races tomorrow night.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner