IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What happened to Bell?
6/25/14, 1:42 PM   #21
Re: What happened to Bell?
wtvwrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
So your saying he can't keep it out of the third turn wall? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by usac99 View Post
wrong!! first time on a mile was Duquin, he was running 3td and lap 68 tagged the 3td turn wall. And if you were there that nite the groove was on the fence.
At Duquoin he didn't tag the wall, he led the first 80 laps then ran out of fuel, refueled and restarted down 1 lap came back on the track and passed everyone including the leader and made the lap up and finished the race as about 3-5 other teams ran out of fuel on the last lap, he didn't even know where he had finished because so many cars were stopping he wasn't sure who was on the lead lap etc. The PA announcer stated he was 7th, the USAC official said top 5 to the scales, he assumed he was not in the top 5 due to the PA announcement didn't go to the scales, turns out he was in the top 5 and then was DQ'd because he didn't go to the scales because he didn't know he was in the top 5.

http://www.wheelsofspeed.com/2013/09...-race-results/

At the Springfield mile he started 14th finished 9th.

At the Indy mile he set quick time, then went out for feature and yes he did tag the wall because there were no brakes, so I guess you're right he stuffed it into the wall as you stated, I suppose you could have done a much better job in the situation with no brakes, given the opportunity I will gladly offer to put you in a car and let you prove your criticism although I'm not going to tell you when you will lose your brakes I will just surprise you with it - kind of like what happened in Indy.

Driver bashing, series bashing, track bashing, does anything make anyone happy on here anymore? I might as well jump in - I can't stand keyboard racers, keyboard track prep experts, keyboard series directors, keyboard crew chiefs, keyboard push truck drivers, and all the other keyboard things I'm leaving out.
Last edited by wtvwrocks; 6/25/14 at 2:56 PM.

6/25/14, 4:23 PM   #22
JHillRacing

I think USAC 99 was talking about Chris Bell..whose nickname is not the Madman so I don't know how he got that mixed up...

6/25/14, 5:26 PM   #23
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtvwrocks View Post
...then was DQ'd because he didn't go to the scales because he didn't know he was in the top 5.
Bet he NEVER makes THAT mistake again! Been there, done that.

steiny

6/25/14, 5:49 PM   #24
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtvwrocks View Post
At Duquoin he didn't tag the wall, he led the first 80 laps then ran out of fuel, refueled and restarted down 1 lap came back on the track and passed everyone including the leader and made the lap up and finished the race as about 3-5 other teams ran out of fuel on the last lap, he didn't even know where he had finished because so many cars were stopping he wasn't sure who was on the lead lap etc. The PA announcer stated he was 7th, the USAC official said top 5 to the scales, he assumed he was not in the top 5 due to the PA announcement didn't go to the scales, turns out he was in the top 5 and then was DQ'd because he didn't go to the scales because he didn't know he was in the top 5.

http://www.wheelsofspeed.com/2013/09...-race-results/

At the Springfield mile he started 14th finished 9th.

At the Indy mile he set quick time, then went out for feature and yes he did tag the wall because there were no brakes, so I guess you're right he stuffed it into the wall as you stated, I suppose you could have done a much better job in the situation with no brakes, given the opportunity I will gladly offer to put you in a car and let you prove your criticism although I'm not going to tell you when you will lose your brakes I will just surprise you with it - kind of like what happened in Indy.

Driver bashing, series bashing, track bashing, does anything make anyone happy on here anymore? I might as well jump in - I can't stand keyboard racers, keyboard track prep experts, keyboard series directors, keyboard crew chiefs, keyboard push truck drivers, and all the other keyboard things I'm leaving out.
Thank you.

6/25/14, 5:53 PM   #25
Steve Wendel

I was there,it was the most confusing finish I ever saw,Robert got screwed big time!!

6/25/14, 9:10 PM   #26
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

"Driver bashing, series bashing, track bashing, does anything make anyone happy on here anymore? I might as well jump in - I can't stand keyboard racers, keyboard track prep experts, keyboard series directors, keyboard crew chiefs, keyboard push truck drivers, and all the other keyboard things I'm leaving out."

I couldn't agree more!

Last edited by wtvwrocks; 6/25/14 at 2:56 PM.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6/26/14, 9:25 AM   #27
rimrider69

maybe they should look at some of the people turning the wrenches

6/26/14, 7:13 PM   #28
ISP1700

Robert Ballou was exciting to watch at DuQuoin. He rode the cushion up top while most were hugging low. But they were getting passed so much that soon many cars moved up top and it made for a much more entertaining show. The series needs guys like "The Madman" running cause they are fun to watch. I only hope that some SC owner will give Ballou a ride because he is worth the price of a ticket to watch.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What happened to Bell?