IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Two Shows with David Byrd (IndyCar/Sprint Car)
6/25/14, 10:42 PM   #1
Two Shows with David Byrd (IndyCar/Sprint Car)
RetiredShoe

We had David Byrd of Jonathan Byrd's Racing on to talk about their upcoming IndyCar plans with Bryan Clauson and their racing involvement in general. The sprint car show is mainly results, but we had fun with it. I hope you enjoy listening.

Indycar: http://www.wfopenwheel.com/2014/06/2...-byrds-racing/

Sprint Car: http://www.wfopenwheel.com/2014/06/2...asser-returns/

6/26/14, 1:06 AM   #2
Re: Two Shows with David Byrd (IndyCar/Sprint Car)
SteelCore

This will now become a weekly thing listening to this show.

1 member likes this post: RetiredShoe
6/26/14, 1:42 PM   #3
RetiredShoe

That's what we like to hear!

6/26/14, 4:17 PM   #4
Tim Clauson

I think this show is a must listen to by every short track grass roots enthusiast out there. While the basis of the show was talking about the BC and JBR affiliation. I think that the insight that David discussed on how and why they chose BC and their decision to rebuild their brand not only around The Indy 500 and Bryan but also Grass Roots racing and its fan-base. If the short track community gets behind this effort it can only open doors for other deserving racers who have spent their career beating across America and the World building a grassroots following that every Series, Owner, and especially sponsors will want to ... no have to pay attention to. While we all know that driving and racing sprint cars and midgets create the best drivers bar none, I think it is also the fanbase that they bring with them that hopefully will turn the tide and give many of our deserving drivers an opportunity at the greatest race in the world. .. No not Chili Bowl the Indy 500

4 members like this post: mowerman, RetiredShoe, SprintManDave, SteelCore
6/26/14, 6:27 PM   #5
DAD

Did we mention they got some real good vitals at "Jonathan Byrd's Cafeteria" !!!

Honest Dad himself

6/26/14, 8:24 PM   #6
SteelCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Clauson View Post
I think this show is a must listen to by every short track grass roots enthusiast out there. While the basis of the show was talking about the BC and JBR affiliation. I think that the insight that David discussed on how and why they chose BC and their decision to rebuild their brand not only around The Indy 500 and Bryan but also Grass Roots racing and its fan-base. If the short track community gets behind this effort it can only open doors for other deserving racers who have spent their career beating across America and the World building a grassroots following that every Series, Owner, and especially sponsors will want to ... no have to pay attention to. While we all know that driving and racing sprint cars and midgets create the best drivers bar none, I think it is also the fanbase that they bring with them that hopefully will turn the tide and give many of our deserving drivers an opportunity at the greatest race in the world. .. No not Chili Bowl the Indy 500
I've told David Byrd this myself at Lawrenceburg. They have me at the Indy 500 no matter what, but I was ecstatic to see them bring my favorite driver to my favorite race. Sprint cars as a whole as drug me away from Indycar. Certainly not saying I do no watch every Indycar race but more often than not I'm paying attention to USAC more than Indycar. Indycar needs more drivers like BC in the Indy 500 more than USAC needs guys in the Indy 500. I would love to see guys like Christopher Bell and Rico Abreu get a shot someday. Hopefully BC can open the door. I believe he can and I'll be somewhere at IMS next year cheering on BC. I actually wore a BC t-shirt to the track several times and do so every time I go to Jonathan Byrds, which is now a lot more frequent.

3 members like this post: mowerman, RetiredShoe, Task Force
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Two Shows with David Byrd (IndyCar/Sprint Car)