IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J r wins the indy 500
5/29/11, 11:33 PM   #31
Re: J r wins the indy 500
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker0801 View Post
So, let me get this straight. The guy who OBVIOUSLY choked under the pressure of leading the last lap of the Indy 500 and CRASHED INTO THE WALL, you want to reward him with the win?!? Are you a Bill Buckner Red Socks fan too?!? You must think John Elway is the greatest quaterback of all time!

The series made the absolute right call. You choke, you finish 2nd. End of story.

5/29/11, 11:36 PM   #32
ByronMack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker0801 View Post
So, let me get this straight. The guy who OBVIOUSLY choked under the pressure of leading the last lap of the Indy 500 and CRASHED INTO THE WALL, you want to reward him with the win?!? Are you a Bill Buckner Red Socks fan too?!? You must think John Elway is the greatest quaterback of all time! Agree with everything you said except the john elway jab was uncalled for lol.

The series made the absolute right call. You choke, you finish 2nd. End of story.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/29/11, 11:41 PM   #33
dirtbug

i wanted jr to win and the yellow came out late.but no one should win when they bring out the yellow. they got the right winner. great job by the 1 off teams. 1 great race

1 member likes this post: cmakin
5/30/11, 12:02 AM   #34
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbug View Post
i wanted jr to win and the yellow came out late.but no one should win when they bring out the yellow. they got the right winner. great job by the 1 off teams. 1 great race
If not, in a close race, all the lead car has to do is pound the fence after taking the white flag, no passing, so he is the winner, right?

5/30/11, 12:24 AM   #35
usac14

There is a very quick and easy fix to this.....Don't f'ing CRASH in the last corner, all by yourself, when you are leading the f'ing INDY 500! Nobody should ever be given the win if they bring out the yellow and can't cross the finish line in the lead. I don't care what the rules are. It doesn't make any sence. Rewarding a person for making HUGE mistake at that point. Being a native of CA I was rooting for the kid and was completely shocked at the ending. Never once, until I read this, did I think that he deserved anything other than second.

5/30/11, 12:54 AM   #36
racerdog45

many many years ago when Graham Hill won there was a scoring dispute with Jim Clark claiming he won, Mr. Hill put it quite nicely when he said "sorry old chap but I drank the milk..." it's OVER and it is OFFICAL Dan Wheldon won.......

5/30/11, 2:06 AM   #37
Blackduce

Didn't Paul Tracy have the opposite happen to him and he lost the win. The same thing only different call for who wins. So maby there is different rules.

Lynn

2 members like this post: Need For Speed, SUPERDUKE
5/30/11, 3:19 AM   #38
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

So by these rules, If Earnhardt Jr. while leading on last lap and ran out of gas, would have stuffed in the wall. He should of won? Vs the 4th he got? Geez, why didn't he just do it then?

5/30/11, 6:56 AM   #39
SUPERDUKE
Banned

He keep running and finnish 500 miles!!!!!!!!!!!

5/30/11, 7:01 AM   #40
SUPERDUKE
Banned

He keep running and finnish 500 miles the yellow did not come out when he hit the wall! What part of that don't you understand??????

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J r wins the indy 500