IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Simona's hands
5/27/11, 12:04 PM   #1
Simona's hands
deannalynn

I know a few years back they let Greg Moore drive with a bandaged hand or arm brace. He's not around anymore to say whether that was a good idea or not. I've heard of the most mature and experienced drivers being allowed to drive with broken arms and feet and such, but does she really fit that description? Is she Pancho Carter? Is she Gary B? I hope somebody comes to their senses before Sunday. This is such a bad idea. I mean it's awesome how she toughly walks away from fiery crashes, but I'm not a big fan of fiery crashes in the first place!

5/27/11, 12:38 PM   #2
Re: Simona's hands
REH24

I am sure that Simona's doctors, the speedway doctors, and IRL officials know what they are doing about allowing her to race Sunday. If there was any doubt to her ability to drive a race car in the race I am sure they would make the call for her to sit it out. I wouldn't worry anymore about her condition than I would the driver, I believe Charles Kimball, who is a diabetic and is able to receive insulin if needed while in the race car.

REH

5/27/11, 12:39 PM   #3
AsianPersuasian

I can't speak from experience, but letting Simona race with the backs of her hands burnt is a lot different than letting Greg Moore race with a broken wrist. Either way it's a risk for sure, but there were other circumstances at play with Greg.

If you're wondering where I got this info, the man who pulled Greg Moore's belts tight (and fueled his cars on pit stops) on the grid on his fateful day is one of my mentors up here at Purdue.

5/27/11, 1:10 PM   #4
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

It will be about 10 days since the burns happened by Sunday she should be healing up pretty good from second degree burns buy then.

5/27/11, 5:46 PM   #5
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Its the back of her hands that are burned! Not her palms!

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Dannypollock24
5/29/11, 11:46 PM   #6
deannalynn

Well, at least she only brushed the wall today and spared us all from another fiery crash.

5/30/11, 1:57 AM   #7
Jerry Spencer

I think she did a fine job today better view than I had. I am stuck at home posting on the computer. Anyone that straps on a helmet has my respect.

Jerry

3 members like this post: agar, IndyBound, REH24
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Simona's hands