IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Throttle cable question
1/15/08, 2:43 PM   #1
Throttle cable question
rrc

I have a older sprint car that will mainly be used for a practice type car and was considering using a throttle cable instead of a linkage,mostly because it seems the car probably used a way newer injection than the old hilborn I have.I see cables from 47"to 60" in total length.Is there basically a standard size most use or would it just depend on the individual car and set up? thanks

1/15/08, 3:09 PM   #2
Re: Throttle cable question
QUICKTIME82

If I Was You Once You Get The Motor In And Throttle Pedal Mounted Just Take A Measurement Leaving Plenty Of Slack For The Cable. Than Biuld A Bracket Of The Motor Plate To Hold The Cable And One On The Injection Manifold. Like A Piece Of 1/8" Aluminum L Metal And Cut A U Out Of It For The Nuts To Tighten To. Your Gonna Need To Decide The Throw You Want On The Cable If Its For A Begginer I Would Put About A 5" Throw On It To Slow Down The Pedal Speed.thats Just My Thoughts.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Throttle cable question