IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Ear Buds
2/29/16, 4:28 AM   #11
Re: Best Ear Buds
L Sprint 11

I use the custom fit style that Bill84 mentions, except I get them from Gander Mountain for $15 and do it myself.

During the curing process I take the standard ear buds that come with the Raceiver and squish them in.

Works Great!

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...e-Tan&i=415810

1 member likes this post: team3521
2/29/16, 10:51 AM   #12
Bill84

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 13

You need a audiologist to make a pair like I have. They don't just sit on the outer ear, they go all the way in to the ear canal, and lock in. This is critical for them to stay in place, as well as totally seal out outside noise. Everyone has their own opinion on things like this, and that's fine, I personally don't care what you use. I just want to clarify that a $15 pair of make it yourself ear plugs will not work anywhere near as good as these professionally made pieces. Dawn does free impressions, and explains everything very clearly while she's doing it. You are under no obligation until you actually order a pair from her. You will have a total understanding of how well the ear plugs will work when she puts the mold media in your ears. If you're on the fence, it doesn't cost a penny to talk to her, and hear the difference.

Bill

1 member likes this post: spicoli
3/1/16, 12:33 AM   #13
Blueracer123

What would your thoughts be on a Bluetooth option?

3/1/16, 6:28 PM   #14
Chris Baue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueracer123 View Post
What would your thoughts be on a Bluetooth option?
I'd buy that for a dollar!

3/1/16, 6:34 PM   #15
TQ29m

Tight wad! Bob

1 member likes this post: Chris Baue
3/1/16, 9:41 PM   #16
McInturff Racing

Have to agree with everyone recommending Dawn. I use her earbuds in car and my wife bought a set of the noise cancelling earplugs. They are amazing. She can hear me talking at a normal volume next to the car when it is running and hear everything. I have a set of the earplugs coming now too to go with the in car buds.

3/3/16, 8:39 PM   #17
Birdsboro

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 30

I like shure headphones with the foam tips. you roll them just like you would those earplugs you would get at work and then pull your ear back and slip them in... i literally can't hear anything once i put them in, well except whats playing on my ipod or whatever. My one pair of them were pretty expensive but i liked them so much i bought the cheaper ones ($100) to use for things like mowing the lawn and going to the driving range and stuff. Shure

3/4/16, 12:22 PM   #18
Eric Smith

Having financial support of $0, I am always forced to figure out ways to do things inexpensively. So last night, I took a squishy foam ear plug and messed around. I heated up my soldering iron and melted a hole through the center of it to make a sound channel. The tip seemed to not open up as easily as I as hoped after I squished it as if I was going to put it in my ear, so I trimmed the tip off. I noticed the foam was quite sticky when it was still warm as well. So I reinserted the soldering iron, but far enough that that fat part came in contact with the back side of the ear plug and melted an indentation around the sound channel. It created a very sticky recessed area. I took the standard black rubber round thing off the ear bud and pushed the now bare ear bud into that recessed area. Held it for a few seconds and the speaker of the ear bud now protrudes into the sound channel and the foam plug is very much stuck to the ear bud. I now essentially have the semi pro ear buds for an investment of $0. Replacements will also be at an investment of $0. Right on budget.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Ear Buds