IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Windom
11/19/20, 9:42 PM   #31
Joe Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
well he still can absolve himself from his egregious act by taking a night off at merced
seriously?!

4 members like this post: Blackduce, jim goerge, OnTheHammer, opnwhlmnd
11/19/20, 9:43 PM   #32
flagboy55

After checking in with my buddy Oppweld, I think we need a clarification on rulings. Is there a difference between contact and avoidable contact?

11/19/20, 9:45 PM   #33
PROZ1X

This may be the most eloquent dissertation of Mr. Windom’s entire racing career. May we all now bow our head in prayer to this new superstar of open wheel racing. I believe the best thing to do now is to adopt a REAL nickname for our new champion and here we go....

I nominate this years USAC national midget champion to be called now and forever more.....”George”.....in honor of Mr. George Blanda, the greatest punter in the history of the NFL”!

11/19/20, 10:07 PM   #34
Re: Windom
Rapid Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROZ1X View Post
This may be the most eloquent dissertation of Mr. Windom’s entire racing career. May we all now bow our head in prayer to this new superstar of open wheel racing. I believe the best thing to do now is to adopt a REAL nickname for our new champion and here we go....

I nominate this years USAC national midget champion to be called now and forever more.....”George”.....in honor of Mr. George Blanda, the greatest punter in the history of the NFL”!
George was a kicker (and quarterback). Hate to say I am old enough to remember.

4 members like this post: Dougherty20, jim goerge, stp6237, Will Shunk
11/19/20, 11:31 PM   #35
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROZ1X View Post
The man who is widely considered the greatest punter in the history of the NFL is a gentleman by the name of Ray Guy. Guy is the only pure punter in the NFL Hall of Fame. Should the 2020 USAC National Midget Champion be forever known as "Ray"?

5 members like this post: jim goerge, oppweld, Rapid Rick, stp6237, WinglessLovers
11/19/20, 11:59 PM   #36
okie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
The man who is widely considered the greatest punter in the history of the NFL is a gentleman by the name of Ray Guy. Guy is the only pure punter in the NFL Hall of Fame. Should the 2020 USAC National Midget Champion be forever known as "Ray"?
or that guy

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, ISF, jim goerge, oppweld
11/20/20, 1:39 AM   #37

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentry10 View Post
I am going to say this and may step on people's toes but it is what it is my family and I now have been in sprint car racing a very long time the whole atmosphere has even changed people used to want to do the right thing and be a racing family and help how ever is needed but it is so sad and will eventually kill the sport that teams with money come in and think they are the next super star and that goes all the way back to Gordon so I have been told the racing community used to have a few bad apples now it has a few good people and teams with big money are here one day and gone the next and bring all the bad piss poor attitude with them but it seems to linger even when they are gone and we as a team have been giggled at and some have said stuff like we dont belong there but the funny part we dont have to have someone to spoon feed the little guy he always manages to rise above and keep moving and when they miss the shows and the little guy cruises right on by it's worth every once of blood and sweat you pour into it and with that being said when all the big dollars dry up racing will come back and rise from the ashes and then racing will once be what it was once again
this may be the longest sentence I have ever read. made me a bit dizzy. like the content though

6 members like this post: Agentry10, Blitzman, dkdorkboy, ISF, jim goerge, OnTheHammer
11/20/20, 8:04 AM   #38
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Two things:

1) it’s a shame all the energy post Bakersfield is centered Windom’s last lap decision when the chatter IMO should be dedicated to the race for the win. With the year that Kyle has had to get beat fair and square the way he did by such a young talent, that alone made me happy I stayed up until 1:30am.

2) why are we relegated to seeing Windom’s dumping of Stenhouse from a fan in the stands camera or a distant fixed Flo camera? With so much on the line somebody in the production has to be on top of that and making sure a camera is on that situation. I’m really not taking Flo out to the woodshed because they do an awesome job. I just think in this isolated incident they missed the mark.

Cheers!

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, ISF, Will Shunk
11/20/20, 8:19 AM   #39
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
You can call me Ray or you can call me Jay or you can call me Ray Jay etc.... funny old tv commercial. I'll just call big daddy a champ, but where in the world did the moniker big daddy come from???

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
11/20/20, 9:40 AM   #40
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
You can call me Ray or you can call me Jay or you can call me Ray Jay etc.... funny old tv commercial. I'll just call big daddy a champ, but where in the world did the moniker big daddy come from???
Here is a partial video of Big Daddy and the reason for the nickname

https://youtu.be/tZixSYHswIc

1 member likes this post: oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Windom