IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who would you pick?
2/24/21, 2:40 PM   #1
Who would you pick?
flagboy55

Great news coming down the pike that Big Daddy Chris Windom is going to get a NASCAR Cup start on the dirt at Bristol. I hope he spanks their A$$. But it got me to wondering if he’s the best pick to succeed from our current crop of USAC racers. My thoughts are it’s not going to be anything like what a dirt track fan really wants to see. I hope hope I’m wrong but I’m guessing the only thing resembling a cushion will be under the fans butts. I expect it will be slick and black and probably take rubber, and end up being more like a pavement race anyway. Let me again say I wish Chris the best and I along with my boys will cheering him on with a NOS ENERGY DRINK in hand. Looking forward to hearing from you all, would he be your pick?

2/24/21, 3:01 PM   #2
JarrettFarms73

i hope and think he’ll do well. USAC has some studs right now so i’m not sure i’d pick anyone “over” him. That said, i think Robert Ballou would be good in one. Willing to run the top but seems to be really good with being patient enough to run the bottom. One of the guys capable of finding a line nobody else is running.

2/24/21, 3:11 PM   #3
Re: Who would you pick?
Dirt Track Cowboy

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 32

Chris is a solid choice and it's awesome to see a USAC guy get the shot. If we are strictly limiting it to USAC then I'd add maybe the likes of Bacon, KTJ or Stockton to the mix.

3 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, mc/rider, nathans1012
2/24/21, 3:52 PM   #4
ISF

Logan Seavey would be my pick of the current USAC drivers who would have the best chance of running well in a Cup car on the dirt at Bristol. In 4 ARCA Stock Car starts on dirt Logan started 4th and finished 3rd at Springfield. His second start just 2 weeks later at Du Quoin he won after starting 4th. His other two starts at Springfield & Du Quoin the following year Logan finished 4th again at Springfield and 2nd at Du Quoin. We were in the stands at all 4 and the kid looked very good in all 4 starts.

Windom, back in 2013, drove an ARCA Stock Car at both Springfield & Du Quoin and ran 6th at Springfield and 5th at Du Quoin. Again, we were in the stands at both tracks and Windom also looked pretty good on the dirt in an ARCA stocker.

One thing is for sure, Windom isn't shy about using a guy up and that stuff is half of what NASCAR Cup fans are interested in.

Good luck to Windom along with Briscoe, Bell & Larson.

2/24/21, 4:37 PM   #5
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Macho Man

2/24/21, 7:05 PM   #6
jim goerge

I"m kinda thinking SUNSHINE.or Ballou

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
2/24/21, 7:30 PM   #7
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
....My thoughts are it’s not going to be anything like what a dirt track fan really wants to see. I hope hope I’m wrong but I’m guessing the only thing resembling a cushion will be under the fans butts. I expect it will be slick and black and probably take rubber, and end up being more like a pavement race anyway.
Not to stray too far off from the thread but I guess it is going to be 250 laps. There is concrete under the dirt. I feel it will essentially turn into a rubbered in/paved track, also. There might be a cushion but not for for long.

UNLESS they take advantage of their stage breaks and re-do the track in some fashion?

I'd like to see Frank Kimmel come out of retirement and run it, myself.

3 members like this post: ISF, jim goerge, nathans1012
2/24/21, 9:31 PM   #8
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

After watching last weeks winged nation episode, I’d say David Gravel. He would love a shot.

2/24/21, 9:36 PM   #9
Jbaldwin

Kody Swanson.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DRFan87, fishnman, jonboat15, sprinter14
2/24/21, 10:09 PM   #10
Tqcrazy

Justin grant!!!

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who would you pick?