IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Volunteer Speedway (TN) For Sale
2/23/21, 1:47 PM   #1
Volunteer Speedway (TN) For Sale
Dirt Track Cowboy

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 32

Going there in May, maybe I should buy it? Anyone wanna donate some $$$

“The World’s Fastest Dirt Track” is on the market

Volunteer Speedway is a high-banked dirt track in Bulls Gap, Tennessee. The track is a bullring 4/10-mile oval.
Built in 1973 and opened in 1974, the track is known as, “The World’s Fastest Dirt Track.” The banking sits at a steep 32 degrees.

In Summer 2019, Landon Stallard purchased the facility from Joe and Phyllis Loven. Stallard had been visiting the track as a spectator since the age of 10.

He put a fresh coat of paint on the walls and grandstands then welcomed race fans back to the famed race track.

2021 Traveling Series: The track is set to host the World of Outlaws Late Model Series, Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series, Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Series and the Xtreme DIRTcar Series in 2021.

The track hasn’t yet appeared on the real estate listings. However, pictures were posted by Tennessee/Florida real estate agent Okheir Kheir via social media.

“After months of hard thinking and lots of prayers I’ve made the decision to put the Gap up for sale,” Landon Stallard stated.

“It’s definitely a hard choice seeing I’ve put my heart and soul into the place to make it the best it could be for the fans and the teams. I know this decision won’t be well accepted.”

“I’ve gave it my all, but there’s not enough hours in the day for me to spend what time is needed for my construction business which I have to make my first priority for me and my kids future.”

“I want to thank all the fans, sponsors, race teams, my great staff,community and last but not least God for the opportunity. We will continue to operate until sold.”

Stallard added, “Please stay tuned to the tracks page for announcements. I’m confident someone will end up with it that can carry on what we have going well into the future. I’ve already received hundreds of messages and I’ll try to respond.”

4 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, nathans1012, PJ Wright, TNRustler
2/23/21, 3:38 PM   #2
Re: Volunteer Speedway (TN) For Sale
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Attn. Joe Spiker

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, oppweld, racenut69
2/23/21, 5:18 PM   #3
Pitdad

4/10 mile = bullring?

We have very different definitions of "bullring".

But, sounds like a great opportunity for all those fans who know better than the track owners and operators to get started showing is how they would do it.

5 members like this post: billw, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, PJ Wright
2/23/21, 5:54 PM   #4
JarrettFarms73

My retirement goals have always been to either make enough money to afford retiring to the east coast where a couple of my high school buddies are or move west to a small 25-50 acre plot in Montana to enjoy the outdoors and power sports. However...

Moving to the Smokies to run a dirt track sounds amazing!! I’m a couple million short though... 😂

2/23/21, 7:09 PM   #5
racenut69

Me too,Heath....LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
My retirement goals have always been to either make enough money to afford retiring to the east coast where a couple of my high school buddies are or move west to a small 25-50 acre plot in Montana to enjoy the outdoors and power sports. However...

Moving to the Smokies to run a dirt track sounds amazing!! I’m a couple million short though... 😂

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, JarrettFarms73
2/23/21, 9:47 PM   #6
jim goerge

So this palace is billed as World"s fastest dirt track? Even faster than Eldora? Also they only run stock type cars right, no open wheel. What kind of times and speed you talking about?

2/23/21, 9:50 PM   #7
flagboy55

I’ve been looking for a 2/5ths mile track. Close but no cigar. Sorry Dave

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, JarrettFarms73, jim goerge, JordanBlanton
2/23/21, 9:56 PM   #8
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
So this palace is billed as World"s fastest dirt track? Even faster than Eldora? Also they only run stock type cars right, no open wheel. What kind of times and speed you talking about?
The ASCoC was scheduled to run 2 races there in 2020, but the second night was rained out. Cory Eliason was fast qualifier on Night 1 at 11.176 seconds. That equates to approx. 128.8 mph average speed for a lap. For comparison, the lap record at Eldora is 12.599. Now IF Eldora is a full half mile (I’ve heard it is and it isn’t) then that equates to 145.0 mph average speed for a lap.
Last edited by openwheelfan1; 2/23/21 at 10:04 PM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
2/27/21, 7:29 PM   #9
fish

My impression of the place is that it's 32 degrees banking, but no one runs up there, instead they run around the bottom. It is a fast joint but almost "too" high banked. And it certainly is not a 'bullring.'
Last edited by fish; 2/27/21 at 7:32 PM.

2/27/21, 8:06 PM   #10
Stevensville Mike

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the asking tab is for the place?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Volunteer Speedway (TN) For Sale