IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo Question
2/5/21, 11:47 PM   #11
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Working fine all night on my ROKU, now watching them try to run on a rain watered track. 😮

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
3/4/21, 1:04 PM   #12
Blacksheep

I was having issues as well, so I haven't used it for several days. Maybe it has cleared up for me as well. That would be sweet.

3/4/21, 9:42 PM   #13
Re: Flo Question
Rapid Rick

I just watched the 1979 Hulman Classic on 24/7. That right there was worth my whole year's subscription.

5 members like this post: 95KART, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema
3/6/21, 4:19 AM   #14
Stephen Cording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
Not complaining about FLO, just trying to find out if this is my end, or theirs?

This has been happening during the All Stars races, and now tonight too. The video will suddenly freeze, but the audio continues. When that stops, it runs kinda fast forward for a few seconds to catch up on the video. Then, a few seconds later, both video and audio freeze for about 5 seconds.

Would like to know if this is happening anywhere else, or if my system has a problem?? I have never really had any issues before, so if anyone has a thought, TIA.
Broadband is world's away from the dial up days. But with more devices accessing your breadboard / modem than ever a couple of simple weekly maintenance tasks can do wonders.

1, Reset / reboot your modem, unplug count to 10 plug back in.

2, reboot streaming device (firestick / Roku) unplug count to 10 plug back in.

Doing this quick and easy maintenance will remove any data clutter that may be slowing down your internet speed and device.

3, log out and log back into your Flo account.

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing
3/6/21, 8:39 AM   #15
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Cording View Post
Broadband is world's away from the dial up days. But with more devices accessing your breadboard / modem than ever a couple of simple weekly maintenance tasks can do wonders.

1, Reset / reboot your modem, unplug count to 10 plug back in.

2, reboot streaming device (firestick / Roku) unplug count to 10 plug back in.

Doing this quick and easy maintenance will remove any data clutter that may be slowing down your internet speed and device.

3, log out and log back into your Flo account.

I watched it from Bubba's in Ocala earlier in the year and I heard the announcer give a "Stephen Cording from the UK" a shout out.

That seemed to work fine that night.

3/6/21, 12:12 PM   #16
Stephen Cording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I watched it from Bubba's in Ocala earlier in the year and I heard the announcer give a "Stephen Cording from the UK" a shout out.

That seemed to work fine that night.
It's always nice to hear a shout out around the 2am (GMT) mark, perks you up for the feature.

Without FloRacing I'd be so far out the loop it would feel like 2011 all over again.

But that simple weekly maintenance to my Internet / Rooter / Roku keeps things running 99% issue free. And the odd issue I do (rarely) encounter is just life, nothing works 100% , 100% of the time it's no Biggie. Deal with it. Move on. Enjoy

Besides a bit of buffering is still better than a rain out!
Last edited by Stephen Cording; 3/6/21 at 12:17 PM.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97
3/6/21, 2:42 PM   #17
hoscalecody

I have problems a lot computer or roku. I have a decent gaming PC also, with 100mbps internet.

3/7/21, 5:31 AM   #18
Stephen Cording

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoscalecody View Post
I have problems a lot computer or roku. I have a decent gaming PC also, with 100mbps internet.
That must be frustrating to have playback issues across two devices with solid internet speed.

I know that some background programs on a PC may affect streaming, usually an Anti-Virus, Security Suite Program or Firewall program. Pausing these while wanting to stream may help?

Some Security Suite Software (parent content control / blocking) seems to affect streaming more than others, guessing the US is the same as the UK and your internet provider may have security settings that can be turned off?

Sorry for stating the obvious (no offense meant) running the bare minimum programs required can help with stability. As can ensuring your Roku / Firestick / App is all up to date.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo Question